PDA

View Full Version : Dash kit question.. I used search but no find..

Vegas Stunner
07-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey I while ago I ran into a web site that someone had posted on here for dash kits. Well Im ready to purchase a dash kit now and I remember that they had really good prices on 26 piece kits... I tried using the search button but couldnt find anything.. Does anyone know the site?

Thanks

cruznnus
07-15-2003, 05:43 PM
R u lookin for the vinyl adhesives or the full replacement. I wouldn't waste my money on those weak ass adhesives. For the replacements I believe u could get them from Don Herring Mitsibishi. Do a search for that place and give them a call. They should be able to work something out for ya.

Fishboy55
07-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Alka Plus is the place I recommended. That's who did my dash kit in woodgrain and I am really pleased with theur quality and customer service.

Vegas Stunner
07-16-2003, 05:27 PM
ya Alka Plus was the site! Hey how difficult is it to put it on?

vic_v_jr
07-16-2003, 08:24 PM
I saw Chips dash kit in person...I am going to get the same one. It looks good, not cheap at all. There are some sites that sell that cheap ass thin plastic shit but Alka Plus pieces are thick laminated parts...good quality.

8ggalant
07-17-2003, 05:01 AM
I saw Chips dash kit in person...I am going to get the same one. It looks good, not cheap at all. There are some sites that sell that cheap ass thin plastic shit but Alka Plus pieces are thick laminated parts...good quality.

i agree...has n/e one seen the nyc dashes kit?....its always on ebay buy it now fer like 153$...juss wonderin...if not im goin with the alka plus kit also

8ggalant
07-19-2003, 06:20 AM
n/e body?

Skipp
07-20-2003, 11:30 AM
well, since alotta people are goin for the Alka trim, i'm thinkin maybe they will give us a deal if we do a group buy....not sure if it will work, but just a suggestion. I think I'm goin for the brushed aluminum. what yall think???????

Vegas Stunner
07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey if one of you wants to try to start up a GB with alkaplus that would be awesome.. anyone down?

I have a silver galant... I have some alluminum diamond plate floor mats so Im thinkin silver carbon fiber.

cruznnus
07-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Alka Plus is the place I recommended. That's who did my dash kit in woodgrain and I am really pleased with theur quality and customer service.

Is there a website?

Gizmo
07-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Click Here ('http://www.alkaplus.com')

mighty
07-30-2003, 10:44 AM
if my g is silver, would the light burlwood (in you all's opinion) look good?

shashivr4
07-30-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm down. Which carbon fiber pattern would match the TYC Alteezas and a carbon fiber hood the best. Any opinions? I don't have either yet.

Shashi

Monkey
08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Oops... It started off with one F-ing sticker on the housing around my shifter... peeled it off, left the adhesive... got some stripper to take that off... wipe and the cheap piece of sh*t peeles off the plastic cover!!

DIY time... took it off, stripped it... painted chrome.. put a coat on, looked great till I touched it! Plastic garbage... so I went online today and ordered the above mentioned kit... silver carbon fiber plus 10 bucks for shipping... crossing fingers on it looking nice.

vic_v_jr
08-11-2003, 10:48 AM
definetly keep us updated.

Prophet
08-11-2003, 11:14 AM
I am going to order this kit here in a little bit. Can anyone tell me what the Real Carbon Fiber +30 means. I wrote them a email but I want to order now. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Monkey
08-11-2003, 12:57 PM
I ordered mine this morning (silver carbon fiber)... I forgot the zip so they called and got that info... asked the lady why was there a price difference...

Listed $137 but in actuallity it came out to be 188 with the 10 buck shipping... the +30 means an additional 30% on the cost due to the fact that carbon fiber look is 3D and material is more expensive... that's what the lady told me...

BXNYMitsu01
08-11-2003, 03:10 PM
well, since alotta people are goin for the Alka trim, i'm thinkin maybe they will give us a deal if we do a group buy....not sure if it will work, but just a suggestion. I think I'm goin for the brushed aluminum. what yall think???????

Yeah Brushed Aluminum is the bomb that is what I'll go for! 8)

cruznnus
08-11-2003, 09:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ordered mine this morning (silver carbon fiber)... I forgot the zip so they called and got that info... asked the lady why was there a price difference...

Listed $137 but in actuallity it came out to be 188 with the 10 buck shipping... the +30 means an additional 30% on the cost due to the fact that carbon fiber look is 3D and material is more expensive... that's what the lady told me...</div>

Don't forget to post picz, https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Prophet
08-11-2003, 09:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ordered mine this morning (silver carbon fiber)... I forgot the zip so they called and got that info... asked the lady why was there a price difference...

Listed $137 but in actuallity it came out to be 188 with the 10 buck shipping... the +30 means an additional 30% on the cost due to the fact that carbon fiber look is 3D and material is more expensive... that's what the lady told me...</div>

Yeah I went ahead and called this morning and ordered it also. I don't know why they don't say something like add 30% or something a little more clearer. Should be getting it in 5 to 10 days. I can't wait.

Monkey
08-11-2003, 11:15 PM
nice... so we should be getting the kit at the same time... In the meantime, I've taken the cheap wood crap that came with it and tried to custom it myself... it actually looks nice... I've used enamel "metalic silver" spray paint... I just put on my last coat (total four) and tomorrow morning, I'll be applying a clear coat; also spray paint. There's already a tutorial in here on how to do it and I'll have to agree... patients is key!

Monkey
08-11-2003, 11:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ordered mine this morning (silver carbon fiber)... I forgot the zip so they called and got that info... asked the lady why was there a price difference...

Yeah I went ahead and called this morning and ordered it also. I don't know why they don't say something like add 30% or something a little more clearer. Should be getting it in 5 to 10 days. I can't wait.</div>

Oh and I try not to understand the ignorance of the world... I simply modify it! (And for honda drivers... that's a whole lotta modifying!... Must explain why they have absolutely every aftermarket part available to them!)

BXNYMitsu01
08-12-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice... so we should be getting the kit at the same time... Â*In the meantime, I've taken the cheap wood crap that came with it and tried to custom it myself... it actually looks nice... I've used enamel "metalic silver" spray paint... Â*I just put on my last coat (total four) and tomorrow morning, I'll be applying a clear coat; also spray paint. Â*There's already a tutorial in here on how to do it and I'll have to agree... patients is key!</div>

Do you know the link to that tutorial?

Prophet
08-12-2003, 12:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice... so we should be getting the kit at the same time... Â*In the meantime, I've taken the cheap wood crap that came with it and tried to custom it myself... it actually looks nice... I've used enamel "metalic silver" spray paint... Â*I just put on my last coat (total four) and tomorrow morning, I'll be applying a clear coat; also spray paint. Â*There's already a tutorial in here on how to do it and I'll have to agree... patients is key!</div>

Do you know the link to that tutorial?</div>

Try the F&Q forum. I moved it there.

BXNYMitsu01
08-12-2003, 11:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Monkey)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice... so we should be getting the kit at the same time... Â*In the meantime, I've taken the cheap wood crap that came with it and tried to custom it myself... it actually looks nice... I've used enamel "metalic silver" spray paint... Â*I just put on my last coat (total four) and tomorrow morning, I'll be applying a clear coat; also spray paint. Â*There's already a tutorial in here on how to do it and I'll have to agree... patients is key!</div>

Do you know the link to that tutorial?</div>

Try the F&Q forum. I moved it there.</div>

Thx

Monkey
08-14-2003, 07:04 PM
:evil: :evil: Fucking garbage! Imo... so fucking disappointed with this alka plus bullshit! Received it today... took pics, need a server to host them on! coming soon... crap pictures of bullshit material bought from Alka Plus!

Monkey
08-14-2003, 07:56 PM
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noennuii/...oo.com/&.view=t ('http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noennuii/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/&.view=t')

hopefully that works... I'm disappointed true, but it still has potential... still need steel mats, head unit, complete now needed interior paint, reverse gauges, and will prob throw in some blue neon underneath... but as for now... major disappointment.

Prophet
08-15-2003, 02:29 AM
Well they had better not send me some fucked up shit like that or I am going to raise some hell. Hopefully I will be getting it tommorow.

Monkey
08-15-2003, 08:00 AM
I paid $188 for those STICKERS! And that's all they were... Fuq it! I'll work with what I have...

Jason, your call bro... do what you will... But if you do decide to keep them, I suggest reading up on how to paint your interior!

They're basically overpriced stickers and to those who suggested otherwise :evil: (I hope you get stuck in traffic surrounded by big huff and puff muffler civics!) Oh yea, I can be cruel!

m1k3 r0ck3t
08-15-2003, 08:45 AM
its funny...sorry...but f'in stickers? $188?
I can't even get the site to pull up!

8ggalant
08-15-2003, 08:30 PM
I paid $188 for those STICKERS! And that's all they were... Fuq it! I'll work with what I have...

Jason, your call bro... do what you will... But if you do decide to keep them, I suggest reading up on how to paint your interior!

They're basically overpriced stickers and to those who suggested otherwise :evil: (I hope you get stuck in traffic surrounded by big huff and puff muffler civics!) Oh yea, I can be cruel!

u guys knew they were "overlays" right....damn...well i really havin second thoughts to tho and i knew....dunno

J
08-15-2003, 09:20 PM
hey monkey

ya that's bad. and for that much money it's even worse.

but you know what. if you paint the pieces first(silver), then stick those on top. it'll look good. that's just trying to make better of the situation.

Prophet
08-16-2003, 06:29 AM
I knew what I was buying guys. I have seen these overlays cost more than $230.00. When Chip gave them good reviews and such I decided to try them out. What I am concerned about is the gaps that I see in his kit. It is supposed to look like the pieces are complet cf. Your not supposed to see the wood trim.

ChromeGalant
08-16-2003, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear that you dislike the overlays soo much..
What did you expect? Paint your wood now.. or if you thought it was that bad you should have tryed to return it or sell it someone else..
I have the brushed alminum in my ride (and my ride has titanium trim) but I didnt pay $188.. I paid $85..Im happy with it..

PICS on my SD page..

Fishboy55
08-16-2003, 08:02 AM
I knew what I was buying guys. I have seen these overlays cost more than $230.00. When Chip gave them good reviews and such I decided to try them out. What I am concerned about is the gaps that I see in his kit. It is supposed to look like the pieces are complet cf. Your not supposed to see the wood trim.

Jason, It's an overlay kit, not a full replacement. The only way anything is going to cover the stock pieces is if it's a vinyl sheet or a full replacement piece. It was never advertised that way.

Monkey, I'm sorry you are dissapointed, but I have to wonder after you opened the package and test fitted a few pieces, why did you keep it? AlkaPlus is a good company and they would have gladly accepted a return.
Did it make the kit fit better by personally attacking my recommendation?? I see you went ahead and installed it anyway...Seems like your anger is a bit mis-directed, son...

Monkey
08-16-2003, 03:48 PM

Jason, It's an overlay kit, not a full replacement. The only way anything is going to cover the stock pieces is if it's a vinyl sheet or a full replacement piece. It was never advertised that way.

Monkey, I'm sorry you are dissapointed, but I have to wonder after you opened the package and test fitted a few pieces, why did you keep it? AlkaPlus is a good company and they would have gladly accepted a return.
Did it make the kit fit better by personally attacking my recommendation?? I see you went ahead and installed it anyway...Seems like your anger is a bit mis-directed, son... Apparently I chose to test fit the wrong pieces, the one that gets me the most is the door trims that only cover partially... the reason for not returning is that it says specifically in their return policy that once the 3m backing is removed, they will not accept a return. I had already put on a couple pieces; plus I'm a optimist pops! I can fix it... but I'm not going hype up something that is no more than overpriced stickers... I can see how the brushed aluminum wouldn't look as bad, but the cf has more of a bubble 3 demeshional look to it which draws more attention to the gaps and by those made from just that bubble effect. So if you took offense to my jokingly made comment, get over it. I will remove and paint all the necessary pieces but if I knew I had to that... I wouldn't have gotten those stickers... I would have done just that, take em out and paint.