PDA

View Full Version : Need some info about a wire color.....

07-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Anyone know the color wire at the throttle position sensor that will give me the signal for wide open throttle for a 99 Galant ES 4 cyl??

8ggalant
07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
yall sprayin ron? :twisted: sorry jus had 2 ask....i dont kno the answer 2 yer ? tho https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

07-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Customer's car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

peanotation
07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
try 'em all!

Cali
07-16-2003, 12:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE([email protected])</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know the color wire at the throttle position sensor that will give me the signal for wide open throttle for a 99 Galant ES 4 cyl??</div>

im not sure about the i4 but i know that is the green/yellow wire on the TPS. (V6)

DJ Galant
07-16-2003, 12:51 AM
For the 4g64 engine (8g) I know only the colors of the ECU wires ( on the harness) , I don't know if it it the same as Throttle position sensor , but I assumed that TPS is connected to ECU therefore it would be a grey wire.

THis is colors of ECU wires and what they stand for when hooking up the SAFC:
red wire - power
GREY WIRE - THROTTLE SIGNAL
green wire - rpm signal
brown and black - ground
pink wire - air flow signal output
orange wire - air flow signal input.

This is the way i hooked it up for the SAFC and it works good.

HeadAche
07-23-2003, 10:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>For the 4g64 engine (8g) I know only the colors of the ECU wires ( on the harness) , I don't know if it it the same as Throttle position sensor , but I assumed that TPS is connected to ECU therefore it would be a grey wire.

THis is colors of ECU wires and what they stand for when hooking up the SAFC:
red wire - power
GREY WIRE - THROTTLE SIGNAL
green wire - rpm signal
brown and black - ground
pink wire - air flow signal output
orange wire - air flow signal input.

This is the way i hooked it up for the SAFC and it works good.</div>

Are these the colors for the number 3 harness under the glovebox, because im been trying to figure out which color the rpm signal was..

DJ Galant
07-26-2003, 02:45 AM
yes they are