PDA

View Full Version : New RPW V6 header pics

Auto-9
09-03-2002, 12:06 AM
Go on over to http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...&threadid=61528 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61528') and check out the pics...I can't wait for mine https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

TJC
09-03-2002, 12:21 AM
The pics are interesting in that they actually went out of there way to make the two sections (front bank and rear bank) the same length instead of just connecting the two together shortest possible route but tune the pipe length afterwards so the exhaust pulses from both banks are still out of phase so they don't collide. Well that is the bottom part of the header, where are the pictures to the actual exhaust headers?

Black2k1GTZ
09-03-2002, 12:28 AM
They look real nice...are they all going to be a black color?? Or is that a special powder coating. I agree that they look alot more impressive...but wouldnt the Eclipse headers be different from the Galant headers interms of the design???

Marc :mg:

Tiller
09-03-2002, 09:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>They look real nice...are they all going to be a black color?? Â*Or is that a special powder coating. I agree that they look alot more impressive...but wouldnt the Eclipse headers be different from the Galant headers interms of the design???

Marc :mg:</div>

6G72 is a 6G72... the headers will fit all V6 Galants and Eclipses...

pinoyesv6
09-03-2002, 09:19 AM
u should see them in person...i swore when i first saw chip's they looked all dinky and stuff but yea once we got in the car and went for that test drive, thats when i could feel the power

Fishboy55
09-03-2002, 09:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>They look real nice...are they all going to be a black color?? Â*Or is that a special powder coating. I agree that they look alot more impressive...but wouldnt the Eclipse headers be different from the Galant headers interms of the design???

Marc :mg:</div>

6G72 is a 6G72... the headers will fit all V6 Galants and Eclipses...</div> You sure about that Tiller? Only reason I'm asking is because of all the problems Sobe is having with the 4G64. Granted he doesn't have RPW's headers, and there may be an operator problem, but blanket statements frighten me just a little.

Chip

VegasMatt
09-06-2002, 11:26 PM
This Rachel chick on the eclipse forum needs to get her ass in gear and get the headers put on and let Dave know.

She has been sitting on them for a week now.

I say we bury her in a pit like in Silence of the Lambs.

Matt

Tiller
09-07-2002, 12:03 AM
They look real nice...are they all going to be a black color?? Or is that a special powder coating. I agree that they look alot more impressive...but wouldnt the Eclipse headers be different from the Galant headers interms of the design???

6G72 is a 6G72... the headers will fit all V6 Galants and Eclipses... You sure about that Tiller? Only reason I'm asking is because of all the problems Sobe is having with the 4G64. Granted he doesn't have RPW's headers, and there may be an operator problem, but blanket statements frighten me just a little.

Chip

well, let me say "should fit"... there are always going to be tolerances in mass produced products... but in theory... well you know... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

TJC
09-07-2002, 01:33 AM

6G72 is a 6G72... the headers will fit all V6 Galants and Eclipses... You sure about that Tiller? Only reason I'm asking is because of all the problems Sobe is having with the 4G64. Granted he doesn't have RPW's headers, and there may be an operator problem, but blanket statements frighten me just a little.

Chip

Hehe, no kidding. Actually, if you are talking about the entire length of piping as a complete system from headers to main cat, then I say YES, it's the same. Problem is when they manufacture one part to replace one other part and the different years and fed/calif spec differences are obviously going to give you problems. It's the individual parts that's a problem, not as a whole.

Auto-9
09-07-2002, 09:44 AM
This Rachel chick on the eclipse forum needs to get her ass in gear and get the headers put on and let Dave know.

She has been sitting on them for a week now.

I say we bury her in a pit like in Silence of the Lambs.

Matt

That's why we should have been the test fitters. God knows that when I get something I get it put on in the same day if possible, the next for sure. Oh well, the privileges of being "generally bitchy" I guess.