View Full Version : Ebay KYB AGX's

NightHawkTL
07-16-2003, 02:24 PM
hey guys, I just recieved my KYB AGX's from ebay (thanks to manus) and I guess I didn't expect how these look... they don't look like anything like the pics I see of the AGX's... and I don't have the dial on the side to adjust.. i think its on the tip on all 4...plus.. are the struts supposed to have an AGX label on them/.. i don't have the label on mine.. I'm just kinda skeptical on these right now... came in the AGX boxes and the part numbers match ont eh box...

ChromeGalant
07-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Damned EBAY.. its the DEVIL!

Email the seller and give him hell

NightHawkTL
07-16-2003, 02:30 PM
ok wait a minute i took a closer look.. and its engraved on the srtruts AGX and the serial number and all that.. and i also foun din the lil baggies that it has the sticker and the lil screw drivers and washers... so nevermind I think these are it.. but I was just hoping the adjustment would b eon the sides.. oh well

Niytrus
07-16-2003, 02:43 PM
what you pay for them? And who'd you get them form? Might get myself some if they are the real deal https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Auto-9
07-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Our AGXs look different than their pics. I found out the hard way when I first ordered mine...it makes for a very inconvient time adjusting the rears. From your description of things, you got the right ones. They're adjusted via the top of the strut using their supplied screwdriver. There should be 1, 2, 3, and 4 position on the marker. As long as it looks just like your stock struts you most likely have the right ones.

mrjaydeeone
07-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Yo Carlos
I thought the same thing when I got mine back in May
the dial is on the top like you said and the stickers are in the little baggies like you said also...thats how they are supposed to be ...that's how everyone's looked that got em through the irotors group buy

NightHawkTL
07-16-2003, 06:19 PM
ok cuz for a sec i was skeptical when I 1st looked at them... then i just realized they were the real thing instead of just struts thrown into a KYB box.. they have engraved KYB and the part number.. so I'm good.. and atleast thats how everyone else received them.. thanks.. canm't wait to put them in... what settings should i set them on?? 2 front and 2 rear?? the rear I want to have the standard setting cuz i don't feel like taking out the seats if I want to re-adjust.. but anyways thanks guys

Niytrus
07-16-2003, 06:20 PM
just curious - what did you pay for them if you dont mind sharing?

NightHawkTL
07-16-2003, 06:23 PM
sorry... $380 bwith shipping.. i forgot the company.. but its legit

Auto-9
07-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Settings Settings...well, set them to match your springs. If you're on OEM, I'd recommend softest dampening, because the stock springs don't have enough force to really bounce with the power of these struts/shocks. Also, remember with the AGX the rears are harder than the fronts on the same setting. As with any suspension setup, the stiffer the rear, the more oversteer you're able to harness (or less understeer you'll have).