PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Or Not To Turbo

My99GTZ
07-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Okay well this winter I planned on making some major changes to my car, I plan on gettin in on the USDM Kit... just scratching up some money, and I was going to buy some sweet rims, and drop it, as well as suspension stuff and I was considering either the Supercharger or the Turbo..... but then I got to think I have 70k on my car right now... by winter probably 85k I mean would it be worth doing all this shit at that point? I still owe alot of money onit and would like to keep it around but I'm wondering about reliability once I do all this stuff to it...... what do you guys think?

Khopari
07-16-2003, 03:25 PM
damn its big decition to make,, but by end of the winter if u get 85. u still can do stuff on it,, but like u said,, u still own alot of money on it.. so thats not good.
i am lost as u are.. i am not sure.. what to do.. either.............

BTW how much money u got left on it... :wink:

Censee
07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
although most people would get a turbo......i think the rippmods supercharger has been reasearched more....i havent heard alot about turbos,,,on our cars 8g......i actually have and all ive heard were problems........but i might be wrong......i say get something that has been reseaerched extensively.....like the supercharger...i heard ross has done his hw on our engines and the kit....

Khopari
07-16-2003, 04:28 PM
although most people would get a turbo......i think the rippmods supercharger has been reasearched more....i havent heard alot about turbos,,,on our cars 8g......i actually have and all ive heard were problems........but i might be wrong......i say get something that has been reseaerched extensively.....like the supercharger...i heard ross has done his hw on our engines and the kit....

yo.. pedro what about this turbo kit.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14105 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14105')

Auto-9
07-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Personally...I say no. Well...not unless you're going to keep the car around till it becomes a beater.

8ggalant
07-16-2003, 05:46 PM
u gotta realize that hp is not cheap...im building my engine be4 i boost it...same as a few members have(twizted n dj) becuz they both can tell u our engines have a limit to how much u can do to it (boostin/sprayin etc)...so with u savin about another 15-16hundred u can buy pistons rings n rods and get a headjob for a few more hundered...like i said hp aint cheap ...with 85....id do a rebuild hell i only got 40k n im still rebuildin it 1st that way u know wahat goin on...my .02

My99GTZ
07-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Well I figured if it was worth doing the work on it, I mean I have this car till it dies https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif that I would go all out on it and save my $$ and bring it in and have the engine done up down at RIPP and more then likely throw the kit on while its there too.... I want to do this so bad and just toss $$ in it and have a wiked tight car... but then the concious kicks in saying "Why waste the money" so Its like a huge debate in my head right now....

8ggalant
07-17-2003, 04:39 AM
haha i kno whatcha mean bro...but yea i think u got the right idea...juss hold out till u got enuf to build from scratch....beware...i heard break in is a bitch (cant -not supposed to- drive hard)

Danger DANJ
07-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Yeah, you've got a tough decision to make. I decided to go show for now and possibly get boosted in the future, but after seeing how much the body kit installation is going to cost me, plus the amount I spent on the body parts and stuff, I could have had Ripp Mods install the SC and beef up my engine as well. Ho hum...