PDA

View Full Version : speed dinger thing

neo
09-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Hi. i've got an annoying dinger at about 107km/h. This can get really annoying when doing a 3hr drive while cruising at 110km/h or passing.

If i manage to locate this thing can i just remove it? or do i have to put something in its place? also can anyone give me an idea of where it is? like right behind the speedo or under it.

thanks
neo

89 Galant, 2.0L DOHC
(japanese version)

talontd
09-03-2002, 01:48 AM
ummm.... what's a dinger??? :puzzled1:

neo
09-03-2002, 02:19 AM
lol.

a buzzer thing, but it goes ding dong, ding dong.... gets rather annoying

pinoyesv6
09-03-2002, 07:43 AM
i don't own a 6g but i'd maybe check the owners manual. it could be some kind of warning device possibly. maybe something is going wrong when ur car hits that kind of speed or something...

Nick VR4
09-03-2002, 07:58 AM
I have this feature in the radio
You can set it to various speeds and it dings at you
I dont use it
Try your Radio manual or Car manual

neo
09-04-2002, 02:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't own a 6g but i'd maybe check the owners manual. it could be some kind of warning device possibly. maybe something is going wrong when ur car hits that kind of speed or something...</div>

Im surpised no one has ever heard one of these before. There in a lot of japanese imports. (mitsi, nissan, honda) It isn't a warning that something is going wrong with the car, its just to let you know that you are getting close to the speed limit. Its bloody horrible when crusing at 110km/h.

I took the car to an auto electrician and they wanted to charge about $40US to remove it. Mainly because of the time taken to pull apart the dash. If i don't have any luck I'll see how much i can dismantle and take it in for them to do the rest.

Nick VR4
09-04-2002, 07:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neo)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Im surpised no one has ever heard one of these before. There in a lot of japanese imports. (mitsi, nissan, honda) It isn't a warning that something is going wrong with the car, its just to let you know that you are getting close to the speed limit. Its bloody horrible when crusing at 110km/h.

I took the car to an auto electrician and they wanted to charge about $40US to remove it. Mainly because of the time taken to pull apart the dash. If i don't have any luck I'll see how much i can dismantle and take it in for them to do the rest.</div>

I think US Spec cars are different than Japennsse versions
Maybe the US dont get this mod
I can set my ping ding to various speeds