PDA

View Full Version : torque loss w/out silencer

krazienluv10
07-17-2003, 12:22 AM
i dont know where this goes but ohhh well... i was driving down the freeway after taking off my silencer when i noticed something drastic, my car started lagging big time when i stomped on the gas at 80 mph... it took several seconds to reach 85!!! like wtf!!!! i didnt think i would loss that much power while i was driving. went back home to double check and installed back the silencer and went back to the freeway on to my friends house and i am deffinitely sure there was a big dfference... i wouldnt think i would loose that much backpressure.... has anyone else experienced this??? pluss i had my cat on...

2True
07-17-2003, 12:42 AM
Wierd man, I can't imagine you would be losing that much back pressure just from removing the silencer. Is it a 5" tip?

VegasMatt
07-17-2003, 12:43 AM
I noticed that too when I took off my silencer a few years ago. I thought it was my imagination. Id like to put it on the dyno to see if that is the case or not.

krazienluv10
07-17-2003, 12:56 AM
no its a 3.5 cheapy from ebay 5zigen style , i only took it off because i wanted to turn on the alarms when i am at the mall :evil: , but i swear though i really did feel a difference,there was big time lag @ 75-80... has anybody dynoed it by any chance???

bronxbombr
07-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Ya its the silencer, I got and adjustable one and if I toy with it I can see and feel the diffence in backpressur.