View Full Version : Leaking valve cover gaskets...and torn CV Boots

JohnThaMackMikins
07-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Bad news...went to the dealership to get my AC worked on and got hit with some irritating shit...oil is leaking all over my brand new Magnacor wires from my worn out valve cover gaskets and I need new left and right Axle's...WHY MEEEEEEEEEE....

pinoyesv6
07-17-2003, 01:49 PM
changing the valve cover gasket for the front bank isn't that hard. just make sure you have a torque wrench and clean both surfaces before applying the new gasket.

Fishboy55
07-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Or you can use high temp gasket maker. In the red tube. I just used it and it works like a champ. That gasket, BTW is rubber. I can't see how it could wear out. I reused mine when I replaced my valve cover with some gasket sealer around it and it's tight and solid, no leaks.

JohnThaMackMikins
07-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks, The problem is they said Im gonna need new wires...I just bought those...that would be another $150 down the drain...do you know anything about replacing the front Axels?

Fishboy55
07-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh bullshit...why would you need to replace your wires because they have oil on them??? Magnecore wires are silicone. Oil won't hurt them. Your dealer is scamming you.

pinoyesv6
07-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Oh bullshit...why would you need to replace your wires because they have oil on them??? Magnecore wires are silicone. Oil won't hurt them. Your dealer is scamming you.

hell, now that u say that, you got me thinking. you sure its your valve cover thats leaking? u sure its just not possibly your oil cap? replacing an oil cap is far easier than replacing a valve cover gasket.

JohnThaMackMikins
07-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Naw..they showed me...oil all in the chambers...im gonna do it myself but I dont want to buy new wires. That seems excessive and unecessary.