PDA

View Full Version : '95 Galant Information Request

psyke
07-19-2003, 01:14 AM
Just got a newish 1995 Galant, a 2.0 V6 24v auto which seems fairly fully kitted (air con, PAS, cruise control, ABS, front & rear spoiler, alloys, wood trim).

According to the bloke I bought it off (who is associated with a major Mitsu dealer) the car was originally a press car for this models release. Does anybody have any UK magazines from this year showing Galants, I'm just curious if my car was featured.

Secondly, is there anywhere a 'family tree' for the galants, showing body styles and available engines & options? I'm specifically looking for info on UK models.

Cheers

J apmetal
07-19-2003, 04:48 AM
I dont know about specific spec for the later models, but I can direct you to this link, which gives you an overall view of the pedigree of your spangly new automobile https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif :roll:

Galant Model History ('http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/docs6/history/html/galant.htm#1996%20Galant')

Kieran
07-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Ebay sometimes turns up Mitsubishi brochures, magazine reviews and related gubbins. There's nothing much there at the moment, save for a mag review of the 8G V6-24, but you'd do well to search the automotive section regularly.

Congratulations on your purchase BTW 8)

mitsupiet
07-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Hello;
I can't help you with your questions,but the car you bought is great.
I can know that,becuase i have the very same car for 5 years now.
Good luck,mitsupiet. :wink:

orangbaligila
09-14-2003, 10:36 AM
congrats mate,..

few advice from me,.. watch the autobox for oil and any "funny" sounds, they're quite tuff though with mild abuse, but that and the multi-link suspension need extra attentions at, cos they're quite pricey when they're bad and needing a fix.. (mine did broke its autobox once)

BlackBeauty
09-16-2003, 10:58 PM
I have the same car too I think. Mine's a 1994 HJ (V6-24, JDM)...oh, and it's an automatic.

Like orangbaligila said, watch out for the gearbox. I bought mine at 80,000km's and after about 2 months the gearbox went - I had to have a complete rebuild done. Since then, i posted info about this on my car's website and on my own website and received a lot of emails from other Galant owners (of the same model) who have had similar problems with their gearbox. Luckily mine was still under warranty so I didn't need to shell out for the total amount. But one guy in particular in Sydney had to get a loan out just to pay for it! :shock: