PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with ours Trans?

HiperSilver
07-20-2003, 06:52 PM
What exactally is wrong with our transmissions that makes them "glass" so to speak...

I have to take mine in to get it built and im going to a shop that specializes in mitsu auto trannies and i want to tell them a little something to make the weak parts stronger...so what exactally is bad with our transmissions, when did yours go? and when u got it rebuilt did it feel like a new car again?

Thanks.

QnzMostWanted
07-20-2003, 08:59 PM
1st time torque converter

2nd time it wasnt cooling properly

manybrews
07-20-2003, 10:41 PM
actually, nothing really.
the only real common failure that isnt brought on by neglect is usually the end clutch, which generally fails for no reason. fortunatly, this is easily repairable without removing the whole trans.

They dont run hot (rarely getting over 180 degrees, unless youre prone to doing stupid things like tow boats with the car), they are rated for the level of horsepower that the car has, and provided you maintain them they will usually last the life of the car.

seriously, at least 90 percent of the work I do on these trannies is usually the fault of the owner.

HiperSilver
07-20-2003, 11:02 PM
oic..so what is this your talking about the end clutch? how would i know if it is that
and on an auto?

i mean my symtoms are hard shifting, hard downshifts, NO Torque at all, very very sluggish, and when making turns and then immediatly hitting the gas it like takes time for it to engage/shifts hard...would these be signs that a rebuild is neccesary?

evil-G-nius
07-22-2003, 02:50 PM
I dont quite agree! I have had my tranny replaced twice! The first time the car was still under warranty so I didnt have to pay for it. The second time I did. The thing is I drove the car normally! I dont have a shit load of mods to stress the engine or trans and I dont do neutral drops or any wierd shit! I was told when I had the tranny rebuilt that mitsu uses aluminum parts in there. So when the heat rises of course it wont take much for it to break down seeing as it is a weak metal. The constant heating (of driving) and cooling (letting the car sit) strains the hell out of the thing I think. Any insight?

krazienluv10
07-22-2003, 04:49 PM
soo there is no way of making the tranny stronger???

HiperSilver
07-22-2003, 08:31 PM
hell if i know..any experience info?

my car is at Perfect Performance waiting to be daignosed

brandon
07-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Level Ten will bulletproof your tranny.

www.levelten.com

QnzMostWanted
07-23-2003, 09:46 AM
levelten sucks monkey ballz

HeadAche
07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Level Ten will bulletproof your tranny.

www.levelten.com

Dont go to L10, i had my 8g's auto tranny bulletproofed, ended up turning it to soup, completely shot to hell.. I would say go to B&M to get your tranny beefed up.. when my tranny went, i went manual with it

Blue Ice
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
<span style='color:blue'>My tranny went about 2 or 3 years ago, The main problem i have is between 1st and 2nd. I think it switches out of first too soon, or my second gear is too long. But when it switches into second you can tell it's too low. When it went out, i took it to AAMCO, there was no TGC then. I'm just looking for a 5 speed now, figure i'd get faster starts if i could control when the gears changed. </span>

delo
08-01-2003, 10:14 AM
just had my tranny rebuilt at 104,000 miles. took it to aamco. works like new now. they replaced the torque converter and some other stuff. hopefully it wont happen again. notice the problem when i would press on the gas and it would rev up but the car wont go anywhere. then it would drop back down and the car would jerk. the tranny fluid was burning too. probably had a leak too. anyway after like 3 weeks of not driving my car. I GOT IT BACK on wednesday https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif .

bronxbombr
08-01-2003, 11:05 AM
levelten sucks monkey ballz

D D D D D D D D D Ditto. :twisted: