PDA

View Full Version : H&R on an 8G

onlyphases
07-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Has anyone with the 4cyl tried to use the H&R spring kit for a V6? Will this work? :? :?

Ty

Fishboy55
07-23-2003, 08:49 PM
It'll work, but you won't get the drop that's advertised because of the weight difference. In my case (a V6) I put a US spec set on the front and a Euro spec set on the back so my drop would be more even and less raked in the front. The H&R's are awesome springs. I rate them as high as the Eibach pros.

onlyphases
07-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info. When I got my G, the rear was already dropped https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif but the front needs to be dropped. I am not level (especially with the added weight in the back) :shock: . To get a level drop, do you recommend me getting the H&R or Eibach?

Auto-9
07-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Unless you mix springs...chances are you won't get a level drop regardless of spring brand. For some reason the springs made for this car are designed for the slightly lowered front look, like Chip said.

spiritborn
07-26-2003, 11:50 AM
I got H&R springs on my I-4. I like the ride quality which is almost as comfortable as stock. H&R springs are one of the best springs out there! The only drawback for me is that it did not lower the front as much as I want to, therefore, I'm thinking of replacing them with something else as soon as I can afford another set of springs.

Fishboy55
07-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info. When I got my G, the rear was already dropped https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif but the front needs to be dropped. I am not level (especially with the added weight in the back) :shock: . To get a level drop, do you recommend me getting the H&R or Eibach?
That depends. Do you know what's on the fron now to give you the drop?

onlyphases
07-26-2003, 06:38 PM
The front still looks stock, the rear looks replaced

Fishboy55
07-27-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure if you can buy just a set of front springs from either Eibach or H&R. Send a PM to Mante. He's running a GB on Eibach Pros and miht be able to help you out. Of course, the rear might not be dropped, it could just be worn out. My opinion would be to replace all the springs at once and start over. That way you know what you have and they all start with the same level of wear.