PDA

View Full Version : Few questions...

seth98esT
07-21-2003, 01:08 AM
ok here we go...

#1. I have new rotors and pads, but on my driver front, I have stripped the bolts on the calipers somewhat because they would not come off! how should I go about getting them off. i dont know how stripped they are, i forget but i tried some wd40 and let it sit and they still were stuck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

#2. I want to tint my back window(i tinted all the others) but the roll of tint is too short in top to bottum length. do i have to buy longer tint, or is there a trick?

#3. on the rear strut/spring configuration, there is a rubber piece that sits on top of the spring and under the metal piece that holds the spring onto the strut. You know what im talking about? well somehow, one of the sides was cut so it doesnt sit between the spring and that metal piece so it makes a noice whenever the spring is compressed. i zip tied it to the spring awhile back, but the zip ties must have broken off. can i buy a new rubber piece at auto zone? if so what is that stupid piece called? :lauging:

i think thats it for now, these things have just been bugging the crap out of me! TIA

bronxbombr
07-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Are you reffering to the bump stops?

peanotation
07-21-2003, 12:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are you reffering to the bump stops?</div>

sounds right. yeah, u can be new ones.

VypA
07-21-2003, 01:42 PM
to answer question #2... y not just split the tint along the defroster lines? you shouldnt even be able to see the cut. thats the only trick ive heard

seth98esT
07-21-2003, 03:30 PM
sounds like a good idea vypa

and not the bumpstops. its a black ruber piece and sits atop the spring and the metal piece goes on top of that, then u tighten the bolt and the bolt presses on the metal piece which will compress the spring a bit. i confused u all buwahaha

VypA
07-22-2003, 01:20 PM
hey seth y dont u post a pick of the part your talkin about? and as for the bolts..... y not hack it off and replace them? thats about all i can think of other than maybe some liquid wrench

seth98esT
08-02-2003, 03:08 AM
-=Bump=-

flipz_ny79
08-02-2003, 09:20 AM
As for the back window being tinted VypA's suggestion is the only way I know it is done. All of the cars I had and own were tinted that way. Its also a lot easier to take out the air bubbles that way.