PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs?

r-ezz.e
09-03-2002, 11:05 AM
just wanna know ppls., i'm having my car tuned-up on thursday b/c it's already past its 30,000 mi. But i don't want the oem spark plugs put on, so i just wanna know if those Bosch platinum +4 are any good(in general and for the my 8g?)....O BTW the service says it is cool for me to buy a different spark plug and have them put'em on b/c i looked at the tutorial for putting on the spark plug,.....shit....that's exactly wut i did just looked at the tutorial. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif my non mechanical ass wouldn't know where to start. Thanks.

Fishboy55
09-03-2002, 11:58 AM
I've got the Platinum 4's. Have had them for about 7k miles. I love them. They clean at a real low temperature, so after one practice run at the track, I can feel the plugs cleanliness. I've had no problems, no rough idles, no misfires since I put them in. And yea, I'm not taking off the plenum either, so I had them put in at my 30K service.

Chip

r-ezz.e
09-03-2002, 12:44 PM
hey, good look fishboy. Thanks for ur opinion on the Bosch's. Can't wait until i get this tune up. I can feel my baby asking to be freshened up.

Dilemma
09-03-2002, 12:54 PM
i got NGK for mine..i have no doubt that Bosch PLatinum 4 are good however for a japanese car you would want japanese spark plugs..NGK give u optimal performance for a much more reasonable price. In my opinion go NGK.