PDA

View Full Version : Inline 4cyl Galants

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I might be getting one, are these even worth it? Can You get them to run 14s without turbo/nos?

HeadAche
07-23-2003, 09:42 AM
I might be getting one, are these even worth it? Can You get them to run 14s without turbo/nos?

To get this car to run 14's all motor will take some work, like any other car on the street will.. I think a galant is definately worth buying, who wants to drive the same old bullshit you see on the street? NObody.. you want to be original get a galant and see what you can do with it.. Its really all about how much money you got, and how much you love this lifestyle to invest all your time into it..

Auto-9
07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
The only way I can see you running in the 14s without forced induction is by doing the Nissan Sentra mod https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif If you don't know what that is...I'll tell you or maybe even find the link for you https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
is it an engine drop? If so no way.

the_kage
07-23-2003, 09:51 AM
What is this Nissan Sentra mod?

Xavier22
07-23-2003, 09:54 AM
lol

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Are the engines in these cars the 420a 2.4. Like the one in the non turbo eclipses and neons?

escoson
07-23-2003, 11:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_kage)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is this Nissan Sentra mod?</div>

basicaly a driver seat, atached to the chassis floor and a engine. thats all https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

(seriously its a floor with wheels and a engine)

nrgizeman
07-23-2003, 11:52 AM
galant is not worth to buy... especially 4 cyl. its slow as hell and aftermarket parts are limited. unless you have a family or need of large sedan, dont buy galant. you will regret rest of your life. one more thing... resell value for galants are shit.

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 12:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are the engines in these cars the 420a 2.4. Â*Like the one in the non turbo eclipses and neons?</div>

Ok, well I just need to know that. If its a no, then I wont end up buying one, if its a yes, I know some turbo kits I can get for cheap.

nrgizeman
07-23-2003, 12:46 PM
i dont know about neon but i THINK you can use 2g eclipse turbo. but why would you want a turbo with automatic? besides you probably end up with 2 or 3 ps boost. just consider buying a different car. take my advice and you will not regret.

Los
07-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Here it is,.... 14.3- 1/4 mile WOW.....

Nissan Sentra MOD ('http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208_scared/')

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208scc_scared20_zoom.jpg

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
a friend said it could hand 7-9 psi

Prophet
07-23-2003, 01:24 PM
WOW :shock: some strong opinions there but some of the info given is wrong.

Aftermarket parts are in abundance for the Galant you just need to find someone who sells it.

To only get 2 to 3 psi of boost from a automatic is wrong. It is possiable to boost more than 10 with the right internals and parts. And besides 5 psi for a 2.4L or a 3.0L is alot compared to a 1.3L or 1.8L engine.

I do agree that resell value sucks for the Galant.

As for the engine being the same as the neon. The 3G Eclipse 2000 and up is the same as the 8G Galant 1999 and up. The block if I remeber right is the same as the 2G Eclipse just turned 180 degress. Don't quote me on that. I am just going by memory. Try a search of the perfomance and turbo forum. Contact TwistedGTZ and Headache. There just some of the motor heads here. The Galant has a whole lot of potential you just need to know the right people and have the capital to do what you want with it.

Don't get in the mind set that it is a Family Sedan so it has no potential. What I don't get is why buy a Galant. Talk bad about it and still attempt to fix it up. IMO trade it in then buy yourself a nice Honda Civic and be like everyone else. That way you can have all the aftermarket support you desire and you will be happy that your just like everyone else.

Mante
07-23-2003, 05:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are the engines in these cars the 420a 2.4. Â*Like the one in the non turbo eclipses and neons?</div>

Ok, well I just need to know that. If its a no, then I wont end up buying one, if its a yes, I know some turbo kits I can get for cheap.</div>

Since the last couple people decided to babble about something other then your question I'll answer it....

the 420a DOHC is the worst chrysler/mitsu engine ever produced in my opinion 2L the Inline 4 galant has the 4g64 2.4L Sohc. You can force induct any motor so that shouldnt really be a deciding factor in getting a galant or not....its all on what u want to be seen driving

Lastly make sure you take opinions to heart from those with the work already done to your car so you can get a opinion and not someone talkin out there ass....Tends to happen to much..

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 06:03 PM
well i think i might be getting a Lancer now, not a evo but a regular one.

Either a 2002/2003 ES/LS.

Inline 4, 2.0L, 120hp

What kind of engiens are those, and are tehere any exclusiev lancer resource sites, and soem aftermarket stuff already out?

Prophet
07-23-2003, 06:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i think i might be getting a Lancer now, not a evo but a regular one.

Inline 4, 2.0L, 120hp

What kind of engiens are those, and are tehere any exclusiev lancer resource sites, and soem aftermarket stuff already out?</div>

If you are going to settle for a Lancer IMO you might as well get the EVO.

There are aftermarket parts and probably more to come since there closley related to the EVO.

Here is a Lancer forum that should help you out
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ ('http://forums.evolutionm.net/')

In my opinion your goin got happier with the Galant. You couls also swap out the USDM engine to a JDM.

Mante ^^ is doing a swap right now. The engine he is using has a whole lot of potential as well.

J
07-23-2003, 06:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i think i might be getting a Lancer now, not a evo but a regular one.

Inline 4, 2.0L, 120hp

What kind of engiens are those, and are tehere any exclusiev lancer resource sites, and soem aftermarket stuff already out?</div>

my opinion is that if you're gonna settle for a regular lancer...you should just go and get the I4 galant. cuz it's much more stylin, and a much better choice.

but don't expect the I4 to be fast. it's just a smooth ride. if you want faster...just get the 6cyl galant.

BuddyLeeX
07-23-2003, 07:10 PM
My budget doesnt allow me to get a evo, and it wont even allow me to get a LS galant v6.

Mante
07-23-2003, 07:53 PM

Inline 4, 2.0L, 120hp

You prefer a 2.0L lol good luck buddy....what maybe 70 whp lol super cute

Fishboy55
07-23-2003, 08:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyLeeX)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i think i might be getting a Lancer now, not a evo but a regular one.

Inline 4, 2.0L, 120hp

You prefer a 2.0L lol good luck buddy....what maybe 70 whp lol super cute</div>
Mante is right. I rented a Lancer when they first came out. Damn thing won't get out of its own way. If you're going for the cute little car with no go, you might as well get a Kia Spectra. at least they have a 10 year warranty.

Trust me. You should get the Galant over the Lancer with no questions asked. And for the people that think it's slow, I know a 4g64 that could do 140 and kick the pants off a V6 just because of fuel cutoff. So for the people that don't think the I4 is fast, think again.

HeadAche
07-23-2003, 08:28 PM
haahah, a regular Lancer over a Galant man you gotta be shittin me.. Do you honestly understand the potential of our motor.. Man if you get a lancer you might as well move over for every civic on the planet..

b-boy_sky
07-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Yeah man I have an I4 galant and I have compared it to my sisters lancer and there really is none. Her lancer was so damn slow in first gear it was driving me crazy....in second gear it felt better but nothing close to mine....

Censee
07-24-2003, 05:44 PM
try to get an es v6 its way cheaper than the LS....and about the regular lancer over a galant... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:........what is it a 70wheel hp 4 door :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mante
07-24-2003, 09:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>try to get an es v6 its way cheaper than the LS....and about the regular lancer over a galant... :shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock:........what is it a 70wheel hp 4 door Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock: Â*:shock:</div>

Nah its a big go kart lol let me stop before I "offend" another car group...dont need to walk down Maxie pad lane again...

BXNYMitsu01
07-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Here it is,.... 14.3- 1/4 mile WOW.....

Nissan Sentra MOD ('http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208_scared/')

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208scc_scared20_zoom.jpg

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Or just push your Galant off a cliff and you'll get 14's bone stock.

RedGalant2k1
07-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Its worth it.

IMHO resale value is tons better than it used to be. I have had my Galant for nearly 3 years and over 60k on the clock and i can still get nearly $8-9k for it. For one i think thats damn good.

Truthfully...my Galant has been every bit as reliable as any Honda and if i was in the market for another car i would buy another Galant based on that simple fact. Why spend 3-5k more for a car with similar reliablity? That just doesn't make sense.

bam462
07-28-2003, 09:18 PM
A LANCER OVER A GALANT NO WAIT YOU MIGHT BE HAPPIER WITH A MIRAGE OR A SATURN LOL I THINK GALANT IS GOOD DEAL YOU CAN GET A YEAR OLD ONE FOR AROUND 12 TO 14 K STILL UNDER WARENTY PLUS THERE IS AFTER MARKET SUPORT JUST DO A SERCH AND LIKE HEADACKE SAID ITS TUFF FOR A 14 ALL MOTOR BUT IT CAN BE DONE. YOU GET ONE NEG REVIEW ON A GALANT AND YOU READY TO JUMP SHIP. HONDA DID NOT START OUT MAKIN THE CIVIC TO BE AN IMPORT JUGERNAUGHT IT JUST HAPPENED. AND WHY CAUSE THERE CHEAP AND RELIABLE AND everyone and there dam mom has one

4G64T
08-02-2003, 05:35 PM
hahahahah lancer over a galant that was funny even the top of the line lancer couldnt beat a I4 galant ive proven it many times and he auto is a joke not to be mean it does have potential but if you do the same thing to both cars the galant will be faster hands down... the only honda i would ever buy is a s2000 cuz they are pretty rare in these parts not like the "b16 hatch" lol

HeadAche
08-02-2003, 06:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahahahah lancer over a galant that was funny even the top of the line lancer couldnt beat a I4 galant ive proven it many times and he auto is a joke not to be mean it does have potential but if you do the same thing to both cars the galant will be faster hands down... the only honda i would ever buy is a s2000 cuz they are pretty rare in these parts not like the "b16 hatch" lol</div>

I agree with you on that idea of gettin the S200, my girl just got one.. And were working on it right now, never seen a car loved to be tuned as much at it.. WHP gains are fuckin crazy in that thing..

4G64T
08-02-2003, 07:09 PM
yah my friend has one wit the basics ihe its a cool ass car i like the body style