PDA

View Full Version : I could not find any strut bar for my GALANT ...Please help

uhupong
09-03-2002, 10:47 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
Hi
I could not find any store that sell strut bar for my galant (2001/ES). Also there are no one make a strut bar for 3rd gen eclipse (2000 up right ???). Would someone direct me to any online store that carry them ?
Thank you so much
uhupong
P.S Can I really buy a strut bar for 3rd gen eclipse from local Mitsu dealer ?
Anyone know part number for that ?

Black2k1GTZ
09-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Try Ptuning ('http://www.PTuning.com') . They have one from Freedom Design and its great!! Probably the best $$$ Ive spent on the car so far!!!

Marc :mg:

uhupong
09-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Hi
Do you mean this one ?
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?PartNo=PT67509&MakeCode=mitsub&ModelCode=galant&ModelYear=1999%2D2001%20All&ModelDesc=Galant

It's out of stock . Do you have any other stores ?
Thanks

toc8g
09-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Try this!

http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/stb.htm ('http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/stb.htm')

uhupong
09-03-2002, 11:17 PM
I tried those link already and I still could not find any in stock and some of the link are dead.

uhupong
09-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Would u please copy and paste url that go directly to item page.
Thanks
I can only go to ptunning (The one that out of stock )

RedGalant2k1
09-03-2002, 11:58 PM
www.DelRayMitsubishi.com and buy the OEM STB from the 3G Eclipse GT at a Discount!! Click my pictures link for pictures of it!

uhupong
09-04-2002, 12:19 AM
It said please check your local supplier

Alister_McRae
09-04-2002, 01:07 AM
i feel your pain man, i just ordered an STB from Electrodyne, which was stupid cause i should have called first, but it is going to take three months according to them to get some in, so my order is back ordered right now, which sux cause i have to have $100 in my bank account at all times until it gets ordered so they dont over draw... :roll:

Be smart, and ALWAYS call and make sure they have the part you want in stock before purchasing!

Dilemma
09-04-2002, 02:26 AM
they got deals for the STB on ptuning.com

VTGalantGTZ
09-04-2002, 06:44 AM
It's ridiculous that its so difficult to get the aftermarket STB's. I wish Mistu made one specifically for the Galant.

uhupong,
I have a brand new OEM Eclipse STB for sale. The same one you would be able to get from the dealer. Let me know if your interested. Its only $45 shipped. You can email or pm me.

BlueESV6
09-05-2002, 01:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'>i feel your pain man, i just ordered an STB from Electrodyne, which was stupid cause i should have called first, but it is going to take three months according to them to get some in, so my order is back ordered right now, which sux cause i have to have $100 in my bank account at all times until it gets ordered so they dont over draw... :roll: Â*

Be smart, and ALWAYS call and make sure they have the part you want in stock before purchasing!</div>

It's really frustrating. The Freedom design is always on backorder from what I've seen. I called Electrodyne and he basically said to get it through ptuning because they were snapping them up as fast as Electrodyne was making them!! I got the feeling if you ordered them direct you were waiting even longer than through ptuning... (they got priority?)

If you don't want to wait and want one tomorrow go to the dealer and buy the one that's for the eclipse. It's stock and will fit the galant.

Good Luck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 01:17 PM
there are other places to get the strut bars besides ptuning and electrodyne. check out other places, many speed shops might actually have some on display or some in their warehouse or something. you might want to try those out also.

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Hi
I bought a 3rd gen eclipse STB from my dealer today. I tried to install it as in how-to section of this site but it did not work for me. It is impossible to position STB as shown in this web site. (It look like the on inthe picture did not bolt on the tower ordinarily)
May I ask the one who posted or whoever have eclispe STB in your galant that how did you do it ? Do you have to drill holes by yourself . There is on way that I could just unscrew and put it on.

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 01:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi
Â*I bought a 3rd gen eclipse STB from my dealer today. I tried to install it as in how-to section of this site but it did not work for me. It is impossible to position STB as shown in this web site. (It look like the on inthe picture did not bolt on the tower ordinarily)
Â* May I ask the one who posted or whoever have eclispe STB in your galant that how did you do it ? Do you have to drill holes by yourself . There is on way that I could just unscrew and put it on.</div>

you got 3 main parts to the 3g oem stb. u got the actual bars and then u got the plates that bolt the strut bar to the strut tower. did u get all 3 pieces or did u just get the plain bar?

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:37 PM
I only got a bar and it cost $ 60. Anyway thank you for the one that offer me eclipse STB. I would buy from you if you offer a little faster than that.

Thank you for you help everyone..This is a great site.
P.S. So what should I do ????????????? :roll: :shock:

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:39 PM
I wonder is it possible if someone could take a close up picture of those 3g eclipse STB parts and mail it to me at [email protected]

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 01:46 PM
60 dollars for just the bar...u got ripped off. nonetheless, it should be like u need to get some 5 dollar brackets for the sides and a couple bolts. go to the dealer and look under the hood of an eclipse GT if you need help describing it

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi
This dealer suck. At first they did not want to sell it to me as they says it would never fit me car. Then I showed them picture that I printed out from this site and they all just go silent. .....

So basiclly I need 2 more parts ??

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 01:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi
This dealer suck. At first they did not want to sell it to me as they says it would never fit me car. Then I showed Â*them picture that I printed out from this site and they all just go silent. .....

So basiclly I need 2 more parts ??</div>

u need the bar. the two strut tower brackets and a variety of nuts and bolts to bolt that bar to the bracket

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Do you mind check this site out and tell me what pitcures should I get ?

http://www.partsvoice.com/ipc/images/70f/0...01/70f01634.tif ('http://www.partsvoice.com/ipc/images/70f/01/70f01634.tif')

RedGalant2k1
09-05-2002, 01:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder is it possible if someone could take a close up picture of those 3g eclipse STB parts and mail it to me at [email protected]</div>

The 3G is the Galant. the Galant is the 3G.

http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/pictures/redstb.jpg

See that silver bar? Thats a STOCK Eclipse STB.

Just go to the dealership and ask for a 2000+ Eclipse GT STB with all the necessary parts, bolts, etc. it won't be more than $50-75.

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Do you mind take a close up picture on how you bolt it ? Do you have to drill any hole ?

uhupong
09-05-2002, 01:59 PM
I would like to show you my STB , the on that I just got from dealer for $60 without any other hardware.

RedGalant2k1
09-05-2002, 02:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would like to show you my STB , the on that I just got from dealer for $60 without any other hardware.</div>

you need to by the brackets to bolt the stb on to.

let me look for the part numbers.

uhupong
09-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Can I order those from www.delraymitsubishi.com since you help me out.
Are you the owner of the site (delraymitsubishi.com ) ?

RedGalant2k1
09-05-2002, 03:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can I order those from www.delraymitsubishi.com Â*since you help me out.
Are you the owner of the site (delraymitsubishi.com ) ?</div>

No, i not the owner i just wanted to show my support for them. They are suppling us with a very generous discount 20-25% off OEM Parts!!

Here are the part numbers for the Stock Eclipse STB, all brackets, and mounting hardware. Note these come from the dealership.

stabilizer bar - MR468848
bracket, fr susp strut bar - MR468851 (for the left side)
bracket, fr susp strut bar - MR468852 (for the right side)
metric nuts - class 10.9 Hex Nut, M8-1.25 - 99085001 - two
washers - four

Thanks to BGR for getting these part numbers long long ago :thumbsup:

uhupong
09-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Since we are talking about strut bar. I wonder if our galant can install any rear stabilizer bar ?

Well , I ask this question because my car perform worser when I change my rim to 17".
Is there any way else to make it more stable without changing the spring or chop a car down ?

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 10:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uhupong)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since we are talking about strut bar. I wonder if our galant can install any rear stabilizer bar ?

Well , I ask this question because my car perform worser when I change my rim to 17". Â*
Is there any way else Â*to make it more stable without changing the spring or chop a car down ?</div>

there is a chassis stiffening kit out by i think d3 designs that will work on your car. do a search on it

VTGalantGTZ
09-06-2002, 05:50 AM
uhupong,
You should have taken me up on my $45 offer... it included all the necessary hardware. Next time you need mitsu parts try going through www.donherring.com (or www.DelRayMitsubishi.com). They are familiar with TGC members and our normal galant requests, like the stb, plus they give us a pretty good discount.

uhupong
09-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey
VTgalantGTZ. I would take your offer if I saw it earlier than that. Yes I do regret it now. Anyway thanks a lot for all your support. I think I end it up pay like $75 for 3g eclipse strut bar (+ all hardware). That sux :x

VTGalantGTZ
09-06-2002, 01:43 PM
no problem. we are all hear to help. I'd be surprised if anyone here could say that they haven't bought something only to later find a much better deal or replacing it shortly aftwards or even end up not using it period... like me.

uhupong
09-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Here is one more question from me. I wonder , Do different brand of strut bar give us a different performance from each one ?

Tiller
09-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Here is one more question from me. I wonder , Do different brand of strut bar give us a different performance from each one ?

it all depends on the construction... either way a STB is not going to make your car a whole different monster... it will just add a bit of ridgity to the chassis between your strut towers...

Serstylz2
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
No, i not the owner i just wanted to show my support for them. They are suppling us with a very generous discount 20-25% off OEM Parts!!
Here are the part numbers for the Stock Eclipse STB, all brackets, and mounting hardware. Note these come from the dealership.

washers - four

We still getting that deal at DelRay?

o1naturalhigh
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM

washers - four

We still getting that deal at DelRay?if i remember correctly...i got all that for a little over $60 from dealer w/o discount...