PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust out the side

xSILENTx
07-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Is having the exhust come out the side illegal . i'm assuming it is . I was thinking about running one out of each side infront of the wheel. Its just an idea but let me know what you think.

xero260
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM
as far as i know having the exhaust out the side isnt illegal, basicaly because i have seen mustangs and ford f150 lightnings with them around here (pennsylvania), but it might depend on where you are at, it shouldnt be though because exhaust is exhaust no matter wehre you put it.....

2True
07-27-2003, 10:05 PM
As long as you can fit a cat into the mix it should be legal no matter where your at. Out the side? Where? Like right before the rear tire?

seth98esT
07-27-2003, 11:24 PM
it would look cool if u molded the exhaust into a side skirt or something. like in the gt m3s and such. ud have to do the whole sport look though, no bling bling

SkunK
07-28-2003, 02:36 AM
I think he means in front of the front wheel. Doing that would not leave you a whole lot of room for a catalytic converter or resonators, which means it would be illegal for environmental reasons and it would also be loud as hell. It would be illegal, unless you could manage to get a cat on there. You normally only see that on drag cars or full-race cars.

Livn2sk8
07-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Not to mention...the lack of any resonators or a Cat....would leave you inhaling a bunch of sh*t when you drove with the windows down.......and not to mention any type of oil or nasty crap that decides to make its way out of your exhaust...and blow allover the side of your car.........

I can see it working, right in front of the rear tires....like those "Team Roush" Mustangs....(however you spell roush)....those are badass......

manybrews
07-28-2003, 09:59 PM
the exhaust must exit BEHIND any possible inlet for air.
meaning its totally illegal on 90 percent of the cars on the road. its easy on trucks, as it only needs to be behind the cab.
on a mustang, it has to come out behind any openable windows.

on a 4 door, youre basically shit outta luck.

Liszt
07-28-2003, 10:03 PM
wouldn't you want it to come out of the roof? wouldn't that be cooler

:?

o0 XeRO G 0o
07-31-2003, 10:20 AM
i like the look of exhaust out the side in front of the rear tire. coming out in front of the front tires would be ridiculous, but i say go for the rear tire. i always wondered how a galant would look like with a side exhaust coming out... i'd definitely like to see it only bein a hole in the side skirt, not the whole pipe runnin along the car...

Strahan
07-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Here's some side exhaust for ya https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

http://www.geocities.com/madmaxreplicas/O1.jpg