PDA

View Full Version : Part Name Question

GalantRawr
07-28-2003, 05:16 PM
There is a plastic strip that runs the length of the roof of a 00 Galant and its on both sides. Its purpose i believe is to channel water away from the side windows.

My driver side strip has been damaged toward the rear and has detached. Ive had a bodyshop guy look at it and it has a kink in it...causing it to not attach properly.

Does anyone know the exact part name for this strip. I would like to call into the Mits Part Shop without sounding too stupid. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

TWISTED II
07-28-2003, 06:17 PM
its ok to sound stupid. i'm always callin them askin for "the little metal thing" or something. haha. i would just call it the plastic strip on the roof of your car, i dunno the technical name. my guess would be water channeling strip or something, i dunno, lol.

pinoyesv6
07-28-2003, 10:08 PM
you talking about that black rubber strip? i have no clue on what its called but i kinda know how to attach it. if you look on the underside its held in by i think white colored hooks. just gotta hook the hook into the side of the glass. mine was popping out and the deaelr refused to fix it because of my aftermarket windshield. so i took a look at it and it just hooks on.

Dre
07-28-2003, 11:08 PM
According to the service manual, it appears to be called: <span style='color:blue'>"roof drip molding"</span>

TWISTED II
07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
my aftermarket windshield.

aftermarket meaning replaced, or lexon or something?

pinoyesv6
07-28-2003, 11:22 PM
my aftermarket windshield.

aftermarket meaning replaced, or lexon or something?

the passenger side airbag broke my windshield so they put in a non mitsubishi windshield