PDA

View Full Version : 7g header group buy????

96TEXASgalant
09-04-2002, 11:04 AM
Has anyone else thought about getting a group buy going for the new headers? I called and the price+shipping is $459. I asked about a group buy and I was told that they could probably work something out. I have never participated in one of these so I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs. What do you guys think? I'm ready to get these things ASAP, and if we can get them cheaper, LOVE. They should have them in a week.

Kain
09-04-2002, 12:07 PM
I think this is one of those things that should be left outside the realm of the Group Buy. See, here are the problems:

One-The parts are coming from Austraulia. People who remember the DBA rotors GB know how long it took due to shipping problems etc

Two-Usually when a company does a GB they stipulate that they will send all the units to a single location, and that person will than distribute individually. These headers will come in a very large box and someone is going to have about 10 of these very large boxes at their house/apartment until they can get them shipped (and unless that person owns a moving truck, that could be several days)

Three-Cost. With the one shipping address, whoever is running the GB will have to collect aroune $350 from each intrested person. The more money involved in something like this, the more difficult it is to get people to trust the person in control.

Four-Intrest, or lack therof. It's easy to get 30 people to express intrest, but than only about 10 will open lines of steady communication and of that only about 6 will actualy go through with it.

I'm speaking from experience here. It's a good idea, unfortunately I just don't think it would work. But if you want to go ahead and try, more power to you.

MitsuMan
09-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Contact Mike at Vision Imports, im in the process of talking to him about a discount, see group buy forum under discount from VI

josh_877
01-20-2004, 06:21 PM
what ever happend to this thing?

can somebody start this up again?

Mindless
01-21-2004, 07:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Contact Mike at Vision Imports, im in the process of talking to him about a discount, see group buy forum under discount from VI</div>

Vision Imports are a worthless group of individuals. I wouldn't even bother with them.....worst customer service ever.

josh_877
01-21-2004, 08:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Contact Mike at Vision Imports, im in the process of talking to him about a discount, see group buy forum under discount from VI</div>

Vision Imports are a worthless group of individuals. I wouldn't even bother with them.....worst customer service ever.</div>

where else can we look for some RPW headers then or at least for a good price?

xSILENTx
01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
how much are they without a group discount.

josh_877
01-21-2004, 08:47 PM
well at vision imports they sell them for $395.00 + shipping

i dont know where else they sell them

MidNightRacing
01-22-2004, 09:55 PM
OBX doesn't make headers for us? I heard somewhere that they did but i checked out the site and only 8g headers. I just want a shit load of OBX parts :wink: Hmmm OBX headers would be a nice addition to my new B1 OBX exaust and High flow cat :twisted:

josh_877
01-22-2004, 09:57 PM
wait, the only place that makes our headers r RPW right?

MidNightRacing
01-22-2004, 10:02 PM
I believe that I heard that on automotiveforums.com but those people dont kno anything over there. They cant even find a CAI for a 8g.

Mindless
01-23-2004, 07:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>OBX doesn't make headers for us? I heard somewhere that they did but i checked out the site and only 8g headers. I just want a shit load of OBX parts :wink: Â*Hmmm OBX headers would be a nice addition to my new B1 OBX exaust and High flow cat :twisted:</div>

There is a header listed for the DOHC 7g in my OBX catalog. I don't know if it would fit or if they even have it, but if the 2g eclipse header will bolt up (and that's DOHC) I can't see why the 7g DOHC wouldn't work. If anyone's interested I will check availabilty, but ubfortunately OBX sometimes lists parts they don't even have. lmk

pinoyesv6
01-23-2004, 10:28 AM
the 7g dohc was the galant gs. which had the 4g64 with the dohc head. mitsu motor. the 2g eclipse dohc that had a header was the 420a. chryselr motor. the spyder n/a had a 4g64 but was a sohc motor. again mitsu motor. i know 100% sure that the 420a's header won't fit on the 7g dohc or sohc. but the 7g gs header would bolt up to the sohc versions maybe with a lil modification.

Mindless
01-23-2004, 11:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 7g dohc was the galant gs. which had the 4g64 with the dohc head. mitsu motor. the 2g eclipse dohc that had a header was the 420a. chryselr motor. the spyder n/a had a 4g64 but was a sohc motor. again mitsu motor. i know 100% sure that the 420a's header won't fit on the 7g dohc or sohc. but the 7g gs header would bolt up to the sohc versions maybe with a lil modification.</div>

Like I said..if you guys are interested...I'll check availability when I get home today. This doesn't need to be a group buy, I just need to know who's serious about ordering these provided they're available.

josh_877
01-24-2004, 01:27 AM
i would definitely appreciate u looking these up PLZ

Mindless
01-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Alright, I called OBX and they have the header in stock. It does come with the downpipe, but I can't verify if you can use it. The price for the header would be $240 shipped to your door.

josh_877
01-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Alright, I called OBX and they have the header in stock. It does come with the downpipe, but I can't verify if you can use it. The price for the header would be $240 shipped to your door.

what do u mean u cant "verify" is it not the perfect fit for the car?

Mindless
01-27-2004, 04:29 PM

what do u mean u cant "verify" is it not the perfect fit for the car?

No...the header will bolt up. I'm just uncertain whether or not the downpipe would work.

xSILENTx
01-28-2004, 08:15 AM
What exactly will headers do on a stock engine with cat back exaust?

Oo mesk oO
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
dude i got a 1994 gs and i would be greatly interested in the headers for that price if you think it will work..... lemme know!

peanotation
02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
yeah, RPW is the worst company ever, as far as customer support/relations is concerned. they couldn't care less. RPW is the only way to go as far as I know, if that OBX thing pulls through, let me know. $420, shipped, sounds great.

Hodgson316
02-03-2004, 02:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, RPW is the worst company ever, as far as customer support/relations is concerned. they couldn't care less. RPW is the only way to go as far as I know, if that OBX thing pulls through, let me know. $420, shipped, sounds great.</div>

Ok, I know that yours says $420 and that sounds about right and maybe Mindless misquoted the price, but damn $240 sounds awesome. I'd buy one right now, fuq the downpipe, I've got a buddy that can custom make me one for little to nothin

Mindless
02-03-2004, 07:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, RPW is the worst company ever, as far as customer support/relations is concerned. they couldn't care less. RPW is the only way to go as far as I know, if that OBX thing pulls through, let me know. $420, shipped, sounds great.</div>

Ok, I know that yours says $420 and that sounds about right and maybe Mindless misquoted the price, but damn $240 sounds awesome. I'd buy one right now, fuq the downpipe, I've got a buddy that can custom make me one for little to nothin</div>

No, $240 is right.If we can get several people I could drop that down some.

Shewy12
02-03-2004, 09:24 AM
For $240? Count me in...

Hodgson316
02-03-2004, 11:34 AM
And these aren't just oem replacements chromed out? If not sign me up. What's the link to obx?

Mindless
02-04-2004, 07:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'>And these aren't just oem replacements chromed out? If not sign me up. What's the link to obx?</div>

No..performance headers.

krazienluv10
02-05-2004, 12:44 AM
wow thats a steal for that price...i never even installed the flex pipe that came with my headers.... its just lyeing in my garage....

Ryan4g64
02-07-2004, 10:37 PM
whats happening with these headers? we group buying them if there from obx?

Hodgson316
02-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Everyone's gonna wait till I get mine. If they fit nicely... scratch that, if they fit i'll give the thumbs up

roseme03
02-08-2004, 11:21 AM
If its good, Count me in https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Ryan4g64
02-10-2004, 05:23 PM
holla :dumbass:

Mindless
02-10-2004, 06:27 PM
just let me know.....i posted pricing in another thread in this forum. If you guys want to set up a buy just let me know. :wink:

bronxbombr
02-10-2004, 06:49 PM
kool