PDA

View Full Version : Re: What do i need to get dropped

Jester
07-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Bah, I just read the post "what do i need to get dropped?" and now i'm a little worried. I have Eibach springs and 18 X 8's and stock everything else.. do I need struts and shocks now? a camber kit? Will I in the future? Solid advice on this would be much appreciated! I'm not into buying new Pirelli's every six months, but I also don't want a bunch of stuff i don't need. :|

Niytrus
07-30-2003, 04:56 PM
new struts & shocks are advised, but not needed right away. A camber kit you will need at least in the rear. If you plan on lowering the front alot, then yes, one in the front also. Your tires will wear down very fast if you do not. Back to shocks, with springs they will eventually go. Some sooner than others. I guess it depends on how tolerant you can be with your ride bouncing all over the place.

kamilw
07-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Has anyone dropped only front? How much does it cost with shocks? 1'' or 2''?? Is it worth it, or should I drop both front and rear?

Khopari
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kamilw)</div><div class='quotemain'>Has anyone dropped only front? Â*How much does it cost with shocks? Â*1'' or 2''?? Â*Is it worth it, or should I drop both front and rear?</div>

umm never seen no one just drop the front,, which that dont mean they dont do that..........its gone be not a good ride though.

mrjaydeeone
07-31-2003, 01:13 PM
I had my front dropped last year
but thats only because i did front and then back
the struts and springs only come in sets of 4

nrgizeman
07-31-2003, 05:15 PM
drop front and rear or else you are going to regret forever. without proper geometry in suspension, you are putting yourself in danger. in addition, lowering only the front makes your car look like shit. i know from my experience.

c_aledo
07-31-2003, 06:02 PM
Lowering only yer front messes with the latteral axxis. Dont do it trust me.

ChromeGalant
07-31-2003, 06:21 PM
umm never seen no one just drop the front,, which that dont mean they dont do that..........its gone be not a good ride though.

Well..

I dropped just the front with progress springs and rode like that for about 7 months, no problems.. so I dont know what people are talkin about that havent done it.. :roll:

gost2002es
07-31-2003, 06:27 PM
are kyb shocks and struts recomended? if so where will i be able to purchase these?