PDA

View Full Version : Galant decals...

monosolodoc
07-30-2003, 11:34 PM
The Galant lettering on the both sides the car, I filled it in with black reflective tape. Measured and cut to fit. Having the titanium pearl the black lettering looks great, plus at night the black lettering looks brilliant white when the light catches it just right. Took awhile to do it, about a half hour for each side.

RiDe oN!! :sup:

KNJGalant2002
07-31-2003, 12:18 AM
Post a pic if you could. I have the same color car and would like to see how it looks.

Thanks,
Kristy

Titanium2K2
07-31-2003, 04:18 AM
Yeah me too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif This is like the "Titanium Pearl Only" post. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mighty
07-31-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey titanium, where did you get the bottom grill mesh?
link please, would be GREATLY appreciated https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

HeadAche
07-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Sounds pretty snazzy, post a pic when you get a chance

mighty
07-31-2003, 09:22 AM
I have the same color as well, so yeah, please post a picture.
also where did you get the supplies, and how $?

mrjaydeeone
07-31-2003, 01:19 PM
yeah Id like to see a pic too

gost2002es
07-31-2003, 06:31 PM
link please, would be GREATLY appreciated https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

its gutter guard, you can get it at home depot or lowe's. im doing the same thing with mine. but my car is black.

Titanium2K2
07-31-2003, 10:19 PM

sorry it took so long to reply but here's a link from gutterworld: http://www.gutterworld.com/product.asp?Pro...ngedgutterguard ('http://www.gutterworld.com/product.asp?Product=hingedgutterguard')

you can find this product at home depot for $1.25 It's called premium hinged gutter guard. hope that helps

galantv600
07-31-2003, 10:36 PM
monosolodoc:

hook us up wit pics!!!!

monosolodoc
08-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Sorry guys, I don't have a digital camera, I'll try to borrow one from a friend. I got the reflective tape at Advanced Auto Parts for less than five bucks. Problem is, how to cut the tape just right. At first I thought I would just stencil rub the letters onto a cardboard piece of paper. That didn't work, I just had to eyeball it cut and trim it until it fit in the lettering.

Trust me, after spending all that time, you'll love the way it looks. I haven't seen any other cars like it on the road, yet anyways. Goodluck, everyone.

mighty
08-01-2003, 07:26 AM
I bet it does look good, I will look for black reflective tape now....
Thanks for the link, I got the exact same kind from home depot yesterday (20ft roll for 2.94$ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif ).....I am wondering now exactly how I should go about connecting it......the width on this roll is only 6 in, and eyeballing the grill, it looks like it's about a 5 inch gap......so I don't think I can just bend it to fit, or can I really?........it is very easy to cut, and right now, I have some books on it to flatten it out

john mars
08-01-2003, 02:55 PM
i used carbon fiber film on my galant lettering on my doors. my car is black so it's not noticeable unless it is upclose..i have carbon fiber film in a lot of places on my-g..hint...the lettering size and shape is the same as the galant lettering on the trunk.. if u shaved it off like i did u can trace it easily on a type of tape u want to use. i have a 2001 so idon't know about the size of 2003-4.

monosolodoc
09-05-2003, 01:27 AM
I FINALLY got a digital camera!! 8) Here's three pics of the black reflective tape. Took the pics at night, so the pics didn't really turn out very well. We all know what color black is so I didn't think it was too important what the pic would look like with the black on titanuim. but the other two pics is what it looks like at night when the light hits it just right. It looks good too. A couple of my friends made the comment on how they like the reflective tape will fade in and out with bright white and then seem to disappear at certain angles. Hope this link works!! The roll of black reflective tape was less than five bucks at a automotive store. :rockon:

http://photos.yahoo.com/monosolodoc ('http://photos.yahoo.com/monosolodoc')

BiGSHUN
09-05-2003, 01:32 PM
it looks good!! nice touch.

TITAN
09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
whole lot easier to do this...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p242994f08d84136e1e55383ee8f6434c/fbe34ec0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p10ea903fa2f301dfc73c21069c1c7a70/fbb7ed07.jpg

just bought them and stuck them on

dont get me wrong, yours do look good. this only took me 5 minutes max on each side :wink:

galantv600
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
they both look good!

BiGSHUN
09-08-2003, 10:39 AM
KNIGHTRIDERXXX: hey, how much does the lettering cost? i need another set for the other side.

TITAN
09-08-2003, 11:20 AM
KNIGHTRIDERXXX: hey, how much does the lettering cost? i need another set for the other side.

about $15-$20 for one set of galant letters. mine where actually $17 per set. depends on where you get them from. some places on internet may be cheaper, but I got mine from my local dealer.

BiGSHUN
09-08-2003, 12:05 PM
thanks, knightriderXXX.

mike969mb
09-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey anyone know online sites where i could find them at? and do they have adhevise on them already or what?

Thanks,
mike

TITAN
09-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey anyone know online sites where i could find them at? and do they have adhevise on them already or what?

Thanks,
mike

just do an internet search for galant trim/galant badge or just go to dealership. the latter is much easier

and

YES, they do come with double stick tape already cut to fit the letters. just peel and stick. no need for other adhesives or worries about them not stickin or falling off. just clean the surface really well and apply letters. Ive had mine for 6 months in hot ass Arizona and no problems!!

BiGSHUN
09-08-2003, 02:54 PM
how can i put adhesive on the letters i already have? i've put adhesive on the "MITSUBISHI" when i put it on my dash and it was biatch to do. is there an easier way? i was thinking of taking my letters to a trophy shop.

pinoyesv6
09-08-2003, 03:08 PM
there is liquid adhesive. the only problem with the liquid is that they might be a lil bit harder to take off in the future.

BiGSHUN
09-08-2003, 03:33 PM
will rubber cement do? i'm not worried about taking it off. once it's there its there....unless they make some kind of emblem that lights up...then i'll be pissed.

TITAN
09-08-2003, 04:16 PM
will rubber cement do? i'm not worried about taking it off. once it's there its there....unless they make some kind of emblem that lights up...then i'll be pissed.

it probably would, but I dont think it would last long. Im not sure how it holds up to heat or just the elements in general. why dont you just use super glue???

BiGSHUN
09-08-2003, 04:37 PM
super-glue is kinda runny, isn't it?.. i don't wanna deface my emblems or mess up the paint.

VIO
09-08-2003, 04:47 PM
just use automotive grade double sided tape and an exacto knife. shouldn't take more then 30 minutes for both sides. i've done this tons of times. it's so easy. and type of adhesive is just going to be a pain in the ass with letters as thin as these. it will be a bitch to put on enough so that it sticks but not so much that is leaks out of the sides.

TITAN
09-08-2003, 04:56 PM
super-glue is kinda runny, isn't it?.. i don't wanna deface my emblems or mess up the paint.

well you dont lay the shit on real thick. A little bit goes a long way. just do it. be strong and experiement :thumbsup:

BiGSHUN
09-09-2003, 08:10 AM
thanks for the tips peeplz. i think i'm gonna try the super-glue. i've done the double-sided adhesive using the exacto knife. that took too damn long especially since i try to perfect everything. (result came out good though). now, i just gotta get another set of letters. i don't wanna pay for them so some1 may get gaffled on a late nite creep....depending on how i feel.

TITAN
09-09-2003, 09:17 AM
thanks for the tips peeplz. i think i'm gonna try the super-glue. i've done the double-sided adhesive using the exacto knife. that took too damn long especially since i try to perfect everything. (result came out good though). now, i just gotta get another set of letters. i don't wanna pay for them so some1 may get gaffled on a late nite creep....depending on how i feel.

well first of all good luck on trying to do it. 2nd, please dont fuck with another G, unless its some gangsta wannabe's galant with 13in daytons stickin out the sides. Or you can go to the dealer and jack 'em off a NON-owned galant in the middle of the night. 3rd, I dont think it will be real easy to jack those letters, or any bagde for that matter, off a car. Those shit supposed to be permanant.

BiGSHUN
09-09-2003, 10:01 AM
i'm not gonna mess w/ a fellow G owner. i have luv for the G...no luv for the dealership though. i dunno, i might by them. they are'nt permanent though. i took the letters off of my trunk...no scratches. they use a double sided adhesive as well.

VIO
09-09-2003, 10:54 AM

i forgot to tell you it takes a minute or two if you use the tape method but the results look oem and it just comes out nearly perfect. besides what's a few extra minutes. i say take the time you need and don't rush. when you rush mods, even small and easy ones, that's when you fuck it up.

BXNYMitsu01
09-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Looks nice. :thumbsup:

BiGSHUN
09-09-2003, 12:58 PM
VIO: where did you get your double sided adhesive from? also (of topic) does anybody know where i can reflector tape? i've looked everywhere and cannot find it.

TITAN
09-09-2003, 01:52 PM
VIO: where did you get your double sided adhesive from? also (of topic) does anybody know where i can reflector tape? i've looked everywhere and cannot find it.

walmart

and

ace hardware (or your local hardware shop, if they cant find it, ask them where they think they could get it. if they say "I dont know", tell them to quit being lazy and find you something!!!!)

VIO
09-09-2003, 04:02 PM

you can look in the auto dept of walmart but i've never seen it at the ones here. autozone, pepboys, advance auto parts should all carry the automotive doublesided tape as well as the reflective tape. look in the adhesives section of the auto parts stores. it's thinner then regular 3m double sided tape and it's black as well. plus it doesn't come off in harsh winter weather.

BiGSHUN
09-10-2003, 08:35 AM
thanks vio and knightriderxxx. i've used the 3m double sided but it was for the interior so it wasn't bad, it actually looked good. i had to mark it black.

i tried getting the reflector from home depot and they didn't know what the hell i was talking about. they sent me to the area where they have tape then to an area where they have numbers for mailboxes. i could've slapped them!!!

VIO
09-10-2003, 08:47 AM
i tried getting the reflector from home depot and they didn't know what the hell i was talking about. they sent me to the area where they have tape then to an area where they have numbers for mailboxes. i could've slapped them!!!

well that's strange. we all know home depot only hires the most intelligent people they can find. :roll: their only problem is they can't find intelligent people. :wink:

TPoise
04-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Has anybody been able to locate an Internet dealer for reflective badges? I used to have had a Pontiac Grand Am GT, and had reflective badging for it, and it was quite smooth. Looking to do the same as the first mod for my new car.

Let me know!

Thanks

pinoyesv6
04-17-2004, 07:20 PM
which badges did u want reflective?? you can get some reflective tape and cover up liek the diamonds on the triple diamond on the front and especially the back.

mrjaydeeone
04-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I got reflective tape off a parking cone in the lot at my job and just cut it to fit on the diamonds on the trunk...looks real good
looks silver during day and glows when lights hit it at night

TITAN
04-19-2004, 12:41 AM
I got reflective tape off a parking cone in the lot at my job and just cut it to fit on the diamonds on the trunk...looks real good
looks silver during day and glows when lights hit it at night

swear to god, that is the funniest shit ive heard this year. and you say it like nothing. "oh yeah, i grabbed it off a cone" WTF?!? lmao

The 99 Galant
04-19-2004, 09:12 AM
PVC cement is good....just make sure the emblem is clean

Calipso
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Has anybody been able to locate an Internet dealer for reflective badges? I used to have had a Pontiac Grand Am GT, and had reflective badging for it, and it was quite smooth. Looking to do the same as the first mod for my new car.

Let me know!

Thanks

Way to bump a thread from Sep 2003. ::Sighs::

clone2020
04-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Are the door trim decals from the dealer reflective? If not, I might try some reflective tape this weekend...

-MIKE.

TITAN
04-19-2004, 04:18 PM

Let me know!

Thanks

Way to bump a thread from Sep 2003. ::Sighs::

yeah, so instead of posting another useless duplicate thread, where you wouldve told him to use search, he actually searched and found this one. yeah, what a bastard :roll: whatever

anyway, good job to you TPoise. i commend you on actually trying. i did the same when i came here.

and clone2020: yes, they are highly reflective.....

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/421000-421999/421568_65_full.jpg

Serstylz2
04-19-2004, 06:09 PM
LMAO he said GAFFLED

clone2020
04-19-2004, 07:21 PM
...you mean chromed? or reflective like glows in the dark?

My parts guy only has chromed galant trunk emblems for $16/set.

Are you guys using the trunk emblems on your door panels?

-MIKE.

TITAN
04-19-2004, 11:50 PM
...you mean chromed? or reflective like glows in the dark?

My parts guy only has chromed galant trunk emblems for $16/set.

Are you guys using the trunk emblems on your door panels?

-MIKE.

o, yes. by reflective you mean glows in the dark. well, never saw that one coming. anyway, yes, its the rear trunk letters/garnish, whatever. same thing, and they fit perfect.

clone2020
04-20-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm going to try the reflective tape first and then if it looks like shit, I'll order some trunk " G A L A N T " decals from the dealership.

-MIKE.

cardude03
04-24-2004, 02:02 PM
i was originally looking in here cuz of the chrome letters on the doors, but then the "reflective tape on diamond" caught my eye, and that sounds really neet-o. but i have a question, how does it look during the day? does it blend in with the diamond or is it obviously tape stuck on top of the diamond? and another question, how does the reflective tape look during the day where the letters go on the doors? posting pix would really kick ass, day/night shots to compare. thanks guys

SilverKnight
04-26-2004, 12:49 AM
click on my signature and i have a pic of the dimond at night. in the day it looked white and if you use a razor to cut it it will come out good just make sure you cover all the red on the diamond's.

mrjaydeeone
04-26-2004, 01:48 AM
mine diamond looks the same way
I havent taken pics of it though