PDA

View Full Version : rollin on 18's

smurgle
07-31-2003, 12:20 AM
i have an i4 i was wondering how some of u guys like the way 18's feel on your cars or do u prefer the feel of 17's or no difference whatsoever it don't matter?

G Unit
07-31-2003, 12:34 AM
I have 17 Panther ER219's with Datona 215/40/ZR-17's on my 02 Galant, I was going to go with 18's but they wouldnt leave hardly any room for tire selection not to mention the added cost difference between 17 and 18 inch tires and rims was close to $600 more for only an inch difference. I am more than pleased with the way the 17's on my car make it ride not to mention it corners like it is on frikken rails!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only had the rear end swing out once while cornering and it was because I hit a patch of sand while taking a hard 90 and was going way to fast for the corner itself. It only bobbled for a second and then when the tires caught it was back under control! I think my tire and rim package has the optimal blend of under/oversteer of which neither is hardly noticeable. I got a hella deal on the package to boot! Only $1100.00 complete

smurgle
07-31-2003, 12:43 AM
so u are sayin u think if i hit a big bump my tire could hit the wheel well
do the 17's look a nice size i think i am gonna go with em
thank u 17's sound good like apple pie

galantv600
07-31-2003, 12:52 AM
i dont like apple pie :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

im gettin 17s too.... neverknew the actual price dif. in tires!

smurgle
07-31-2003, 12:54 AM
sounds like less worrys with 17 and they are cheaper thats more $ forother mods

G Unit
07-31-2003, 12:58 AM
The 18's will definately rub the wheel wells especially if you have anyone riding in the back seat! I almost went with them but the cost difference and the rubbing made me change my mind and stick with 17's. Attached is a pic of my 02 with rims.

PS Peach Cobbler is better! :rockon:

ChromeGalant
07-31-2003, 06:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> I got a hella deal on the package to boot! Only $1100.00 complete</div> :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The 18's will definately rub the wheel wells especially if you have anyone riding in the back seat! I almost went with them but the cost difference and the rubbing made me change my mind and stick with 17's. Attached is a pic of my 02 with rims.</div>

You need to do a search... I've been rollin 18s for almost 2 yrs now WITH a drop and I have never rubbed.. only time people rub is when they transport a pack of small elephants..

IMO <span style='color:red'>17s are way too small</span>... 1100 is a bad price for 17s and tires... Shop around you could have gotten 18s! All Im going to say is dont settle for the cheap stuff.. cause in the end you'll regret it and wish you have gotten the 18s...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/198000-198999/198253_82_full.jpg

SilverKnight
07-31-2003, 06:37 AM
i dont have an I4 but a V6 and i went with the 18's just because the 17's looked to small for the car. I did rub on the back and had to lift the back but that is because i got 235/30/18 which are to wide but it'll be okay once i get new tires. here is a side pic of my car with the 18's. oh and i got my 18's with tires for 1000 so there are better prices you just have to shop around.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/367000-367999/367746_4_full.jpg

balln8g
07-31-2003, 12:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> I got a hella deal on the package to boot! Only $1100.00 complete</div> :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The 18's will definately rub the wheel wells especially if you have anyone riding in the back seat! I almost went with them but the cost difference and the rubbing made me change my mind and stick with 17's. Attached is a pic of my 02 with rims.</div>

You need to do a search... I've been rollin 18s for almost 2 yrs now WITH a drop and I have never rubbed.. only time people rub is when they transport a pack of small elephants..

IMO <span style='color:red'>17s are way too small</span>... 1100 is a bad price for 17s and tires... Shop around you could have gotten 18s! All Im going to say is dont settle for the cheap stuff.. cause in the end you'll regret it and wish you have gotten the 18s...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/198000-198999/198253_82_full.jpg</div>

Chrome's right....I've been rollin on 18's for a few years now and I have never had any issues with rubbing.

galant2nr
07-31-2003, 01:36 PM
It is all about the offset.
My rear doesn't rub even all the way down and I am rollin 19s.
The front doesn't rub, it buries itself in the plastic fenderwells....

If you do some research on tires you will find that 225/35-18 are almost the exact same diameter as 225/40-17.

G Unit
07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
I had a set of 18's mounted with 235 40ZR 18's and put on my G and they rubbed like a MOFO front and back! Thats of course using the stoclk offset and by the way.... I dont know where you get your wheels but arround here 1100 for a full set of wheels and tires mounted balanced and tax included is a helluva fucking deal here! The same rim with 18's was 600 more! Maybe you should come to Texas and open a wheel center and give me some of those prices your talkin about because im not made of money like some of yall! Hell even better just send me your rims and I'll put them on my car and you can get new ones! :twisted:

ChromeGalant
07-31-2003, 03:53 PM
I dont know where you get your wheels but arround here 1100 for a full set of wheels and tires mounted balanced and tax included is a helluva fucking deal here!

Hell you coulda went to wheelmax or wheel boutique.. Wheelmax even has free shipping..and all online sales have no tax.(unless you are a resident of that state)

G Unit
07-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Without tax and with free shipping wheelmax was 266.00 more for the package! I got the package set from Discount Tire locally.

ChromeGalant
07-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Okay..

What ever dog.. just providing my input.

Drop that thing!!

And can you make your sig just a tad bit BIGGER??

CWolf
08-01-2003, 08:17 AM
The reason you were rubbing so bad was because you had 235 tires on there with the stock offset. I'm assuming you weren't dropped then, since tour car isn't dropped right now. That means you were rubbing on the inside, against your suspension. 235 tires would fit, you just need a smaller offset to bring the wheel more toward the outside of the car. But obviously that can make it stick out, so.... yeah. That's why you were rubbing so bad. I have 18x7.5, +45 offset, w/ 225/40/18's front and back, and absolutely no probs yet. Will be getting dropped as soon as I have the $$ too...

illmatic101
08-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Yo whats up silky. I want to get chrome 18's for my g'ride so whats the best tire size that I should get for them. Also I think I know what you mean by tire offset but how do I go about getting one that not going to rub? BTW im from new york so what ever tire size will have to be able to take some potholes around here once in a blue.

Xska55
08-01-2003, 07:11 PM
best tire size =225/40/18
best offset = between 42mm and 45mm
i have 40mm and im still good no rubbing at all but i would go with somethin between 42 & 45 mm
illmatic you should check out the meet on dpa aug 23rd,,,look in the east c oast thread for details

G Unit
08-01-2003, 09:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay.. Â*

What ever dog.. just providing my input. Â*

Drop that thing!! Â*

And can you make your sig just a tad bit BIGGER??
</div>

Yeah I could make my signaure a bit bigger, but then it could never be as big as your ego DOG! And thats my 2-Cents. :laughing:

Oh yeah I heard a good joke. Does everyone know that the toothbrush was invented in Alabama? If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush :firedevil:

ChromeGalant
08-01-2003, 10:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G Unit)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah Â*I could make my signaure a bit bigger, but then it could never be as big as your ego DOG! And thats my 2-Cents. :laughing: Â*

Oh yeah I heard a good joke. Does everyone know that the toothbrush was invented in Alabama? If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush :firedevil:</div>

Alright.. first off.. you dont know me like that dogg, so give me 50 feet..
You sig is just so damn big.. and it a pic of a 4x4 Galant with small wheels and orange corners,nobody wants to see that.. save the big pic for the backround on your monitor.. :?

ALABAMA joke? Again, new dude.. you dont know me.. I am not from BAMA.. I am in the Army and STATIONED here.. so the joke dont do a damn thing to me.. grow the fuck up...

G Unit
08-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Hey *****!! Thats short for FEMALE DOGG!!!!!!!!! and I think it fits you to a T. You betta be backin up the 50 feet. You tha one who started da shiznit with your smart*** remarks about my signature! Like I always say.... Dont start nuttin there wont be nuttin..... FOOL!

So back yo *** up with yo Chrome G and get to steppin BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as growing up... ***** PLEASE!!!!!!!! You should be talkin with your video game system in the glovebox! Games R 4 KIDS!!!!!!!!!

Now as for Dissin cars..... Lets see... Maybe you should take that ****... they had to tie a steak arround her neck to get the dog to play with her.... fakeass cowl induction hood off of your car and donate it back to Goodwill!!!!

NOW...... Dats a Flame *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :firedevil:
Oh Yeah.... Too ***** bad you aint in the Corps or I'd be callin you a Jarhead and giving you "some" respect but instead your just a biscuithead (P.O.S. Grunt)! NOW....go clean yo latrine!!!!!!!!!!!! :Alien2:

EDITED

ChromeGalant
08-02-2003, 07:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey BITCH!! Thats short for FEMALE DOGG!!!!!!!!! and I think it fits you to a T. You betta be backin up the 50 feet. You tha one who started da shiznit with your smartass remarks about my signature! Like I always say.... Dont start nuttin there wont be nuttin..... FOOL! Â*

So back yo ass up with yo Chrome G and get to steppin BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Â*

As far as growing up... ***** PLEASE!!!!!!!! You should be talkin with your video game system in the glovebox! Games R 4 KIDS!!!!!!!!! Â*

Now as for Dissin cars..... Lets see... Maybe you should take that Yo mama so ugly they had to tie a steak arround her neck to get the dog to play with her.... fakeass cowl induction hood off of your car and donate it back to Goodwill!!!! Â*

NOW...... Dats a Flame BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Â*
Oh Yeah.... Too fucking bad you aint in the Corps or I'd be callin you a fuckin Jarhead and giving you "some" respect but instead your just a fuckin biscuithead (P.O.S. Grunt)! NOW....go clean yo latrine!!!!!!!!!!!! </div>

Got a rise out of you... haha...I see you did some research and use all of the slang words you found on a google search.. you are probably some pencil neck geek that used to get beat up in highschool..dont let that happen again.. I got peeps everywhere.. and Ft. Hood is only a phone call away.. fakesass cowl induction?? You ARE a damn noob..stock car rider

Now you make fun of Marines and the Army?? When have you served your country? Oh yeah, we dont take homosexuals.. Dont hate on the service... join and do your part..until then, Id rather you just say Thanks...

So for now.. Im not gonna see how many curse words I can type in ALL CAPS, Im done.. I still say your sig is too big and you rims and car are wack..

Get at me dog.... (Do a google search and see what that means)

ewgiii
08-02-2003, 07:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant2nr)</div><div class='quotemain'>It is all about the offset.
My rear doesn't rub even all the way down and I am rollin 19s. Â*
The front doesn't rub, it buries itself in the plastic fenderwells....

If you do some research on tires you will find that 225/35-18 are almost the exact same diameter as 225/40-17.</div>
daaayymmm.... what kind of wheels are those? and how much they cost?

G Unit
08-02-2003, 01:58 PM
I think the only reason you got a prob with my sig is the fact that you cant read the words in it! Now ya still wanna harp on my car? You still need to get rid of that piece of shit wack *** hood and use it for a surfboard or maybe a basketall backboard cause it sure looks like shit on a G. As far as you having your ranks at Ft. Hood, Well ***** you call yo peops at Ft. Hood and I'll be sure to have a talk with the base commander next time im there to work on one of the many computers that my company sells the U.S. Govt. and see how good your connections are. I think you gotta have them back yo *** up cause you cant do it yourself you new recruit. Next time you get to this area and you feel froggy you just jump and well see what happens! I dont need backup! I AM THE BACKUP!!!!!

EDITED I am done reading junk

ChromeGalant
08-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Talk to the base commander?? LOL..
New recuit? You ARE a damn NOOB...

Im nnot gonna waste any more time wit ya pencil neck..

seth98esT
08-02-2003, 06:42 PM
ummm could someone ban that guy(G Unit) or give him a warning. holy jeez he has no respect. and your sig is too big man, i saw it the other day and was like where are all the posts, alls i see is some guys pic...

G Unit
08-02-2003, 11:18 PM
EDITED I told you I was done reading it.

mrjaydeeone
08-02-2003, 11:37 PM
I've been rolling with 18s and a progress drop for over a year now and have had no problem with rubbing even with people in the back

Green Machine
08-02-2003, 11:45 PM
What's up G-unit...How's about you give a name if you gonna spout off at the d!cksucker to some of my people. You in Port Arthur huh, bro? How's about I have a couple of my brothers from Tejas Syndicate' pay you a visit to see if you a bad ass like you think you are, huh? It's all good though...We all TGC. Shut the fuck up and lower down your sig like the O.G. asked. Remember. Don't start nothing...Won't be nothing. TS muthafucka
Edit: Nevermind...you aren't worth the 5 cents a long distance call would cost me.

seth98esT
08-03-2003, 12:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G Unit)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Seth Â*Mebbe you could mind your own business and take the advice I gave biscuithead..... Â* Dont start nuttin there wont be nuttin!!! Â* If ya got a problem then get over it little one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

dude its ur own fault. if u did not want people getting into u should have pmed him. but u posted it on the forum so it has now become everyones bussiness.

back on topic. a lot of people roll on 19s with little rubbing. its all about tire sizing and offset. 18s will not rub as long as u get the correct tire size and offset...

RedGalant2k1
08-03-2003, 12:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G Unit)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Seth Â*Mebbe you could mind your own business and take the advice I gave biscuithead..... Â* Dont start nuttin there wont be nuttin!!! Â* If ya got a problem then get over it little one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

You know i thought about PMing you this warning but i figured it better seen by everyone on this board.

I for one think you are a moron. You come on here disrespecting IMO one of the more respected members on this board (ChromeG) who has obviously more sense, money, respect than you do. On top of that you disrespect the US Military and to say you respect them is total bullshit by the content of your thoughtless posts...errr rants....nevermind that endless drivel cannot be classified as anything useful. I would recommend for you to stop posting all together it'll save us the headache of banning you.

Also, if you bought your rims from someone who knew what they were doing two things would have happened:

1) You would have got a better deal on the wheels.
2) You would have gotten the proper size tires for your wheels: 225/45-17

I could say something about your stereo system but seeing as your inept at most other things in life i'll leave you with the following statments...

Rather than wasting more of my time to put you in your place i'll just say simply reduce the size of your signature and improve your attitude or i'll delete each and everyone of your posts and have you banned from TGC.