PDA

View Full Version : If you're turbo please post!

brandon
07-31-2003, 08:47 AM
Alright, this is for anyone that already has a turbo setup in their 7G.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know exactly what your setup is (4G63t/4G64T, auto/manual tranny, your parts list, etc.), what kind of problems you've had, any recommendations/precautions, and anything else you can think of that might be helpful.

Thanks,
B

brandon
07-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Not sure if this should be in here because I'm really curious about the 7Gs... but if a mod wants to move it to the turbo section that's cool too.

TurboGalant
07-31-2003, 03:15 PM
4g64T
Auto - Level ten
T25 turbo
SMIC
BKR7E spark plugs
FMU
BOV - stock eclipse
turbo manifold - stock eclipse
K&N Air filter
6A MSD
Accel Thundershot 8mm wires
ETG
Boost Gauge

Don't start unless you have a nice budget and somebody who knows what they are doing. My set up could have been better, but I had a limited budget, so now I am going to get the engine rebuilt properly, with internals that can handle lots of boost.

Hodgson316
07-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Turbogalant, have you dyno'd it? I'm curious as to how much power a 4g64t can put out?

GalantSpeed
07-31-2003, 05:16 PM
92 Eclipse 6 Bolt 4g63T
95 Eclipse GST Tranny Rebuilt, Kevlar gear coating Bigger and better stall converter.
Ross Racing Pistons 8.5:1
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Evo 3 Exhaust Manifold
Evo 3 O2 Housing
OBX 10.3mm Plug wires
Big 16g Turbo
Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
1g EPROM ECU
Supra SMIC
550cc RC Engineering Injectors
Lightend/Balanced/Blue Printed Crank Shaft
UR Light weight racing pulleys
SAFC
HKS turbo Timer
2g Throttle Body Elbow
ARP Head studs
HKS SSQ BOV

That's it for now, there is still more on the way, the motor/tranny is not installed, but all this crap is sitting in my kitchen waiting to be thrown together.....

sabzi5858
08-01-2003, 12:59 AM
engine
--------
'90 GVR-4 4g63T
fidanza flywheel
prothane motor mounts
b&m engine oil cooler

transaxle
------------
stock 7g manual trans
b&m short shifter
symborski shifter kit

clutch
-------
ACT2100

electronix
-----------
'90 AWD eclipse ecu
s-afc
pocket logger
fuel pressure gauge
blitz TT DCII/ boost gauge

intake
-------
k&n filter
3" dejontool hard inlet pipe
2.5" i.c piping
indyracecores race frontmount intercooler
1g BOV

exhaust
---------
EVO III ported exhaust manifold
3"o2 eliminator
3" o2-back exhaust w/ dynomax bullet resonator & ultraflo muffler

turbo
------
AGP GT30 dual ball bearing turbo
hallman pro rx manual boost controller (19.14psi)

fuel
----
stainless steel line to eliminate fuel filter banjo bolt
fuel injector clinic 750cc injectors
supra tt fuel pump (not re-wired)
charged-air afpr

body
-----
'94 galant GS hood

didn't have any problems other than from my own negligence, especially when i didn't remember that the AWD and FWD are different.

there have been quite a few recomendations made on this board, but there are things specific to what kind of setup you're going for. look in the turbo etc section and the 7g performance section, there are some posts that were made not too long ago.

some things:
change timing belt/water pump etc. change o2 sensor. change thermostat, basically, do the maintainance on the engine. oh, and include a datalogger of some sort as part of your budget, it will be very helpful. and get the dsm manual, it's only around $30 if you look in the right place.

pinoyesv6
08-03-2003, 11:00 PM
moving to turbo, sc and nos forum

Performance Modifications for the 7G
<span style='color:red'>This forum contains </span> including cross drilled rotors / aftermarket rotors and brakes.

brandon
08-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Sorry Pinoy!

Just trying to get some 7G answers... :oops:

brandon
08-07-2003, 01:16 PM
That's it, no one else is turbo??

g96nt
08-08-2003, 11:35 AM
I have...

there's more.. just maybe not on this list...

Tony did it... I think...
tim K did
Clay is About to

there's Some people in the mid-west, too....

probably about a dozen or So....

seth98esT
08-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Quick question. i heard that moosh was havings problems with his 2g wiring harness, certain connectors were very different, like the fuse box. would it be better to use a galant ecu with the 4g63t swap? i mean u would only be missing 3 or 4 wires and a few moved pins?

sabzi5858
08-27-2003, 11:35 PM
galant ecu isn't set up for use with distributorless ignition, and it doesn't have a pickup for the knock sensor.. i'd say negative on that one

seth98esT
08-28-2003, 12:30 AM
i know, id have to wire in for the knock and a few others

JiP
08-29-2003, 07:37 PM
galant ecu isn't set up for use with distributorless ignition, and it doesn't have a pickup for the knock sensor.. i'd say negative on that one

Duh...you wouldnt only change harnesses to change ECU's. However theres absolutely no need to change the harness at all. Just rewire your stock one. Moosh dumped his 2g harness and I rewired his stock one for him as I did in my own car. Pretty much only moving/adding 4 pins. If you want to be really neat about it you can even get connectors for items like Knock sensor, power transistor, coilpacks (only 3 things u add to the galant) from mitsugraveyard.com (somethin like that) and then you just add lengths of wire to the conectors and run them to their respective places.

If you keeping sohc then you have to do what I did and make your own cam sensor, or rather customize your current one. =D

Rob

JiP
08-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Quick question. i heard that moosh was havings problems with his 2g wiring harness, certain connectors were very different, like the fuse box. would it be better to use a galant ecu with the 4g63t swap? i mean u would only be missing 3 or 4 wires and a few moved pins?

And no you cant use the galant ecu like Sabzi said there is no provision for DIS on the galant ecu and you can NOT use a distributer on the dohc head, unless you custom build one.

Plus the 2g turbo ecu is great, it takes the place of your safc and knock controller saving you like $400 bucks. I personally think my galant accelorates quicker with the 2g ecu. You'll loose your tac though still working on geting that back alive and acurate.

Rob

seth98esT
08-29-2003, 07:42 PM
wait i just read my post! man i must have been asleep or something. i meant to say wiring harness!

wiring harness, ecu, same thing right!?!?! lol

but running NA with 2g turbo ecu, arent you running very very rich?