PDA

View Full Version : Help solve an argument with friend

akiraflux
07-31-2003, 09:56 AM
Why exactly should i get a camber kit if i do a drop? He does not believe that it is needed and that it's no different than having a tire place do an alignment. so yah. help

cdaw2001ES
07-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Galants come with no rear camber adjustment.

If you drop, w/o the camber kit (which adds camber adjustment to the rear wheels) or (to both the front and rear - if you drop so low that you go out of range for the stock front adjustment).

will decrease the life of the tires, (bad wear, vibration, added friction etc...)

Niytrus
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
yeah your definatly going to need it on the rear, unless you want to replace your tires and have them wear constantly... I am getting one in the rear for my coils, and in the front for my air suspension.

akiraflux
07-31-2003, 10:19 AM
ok. so...he has a maxima and says on the max.org boards next to nobody has camber kits and everybody says they don't need em. would this be possible because both their front AND back are slightly adjustable?

Niytrus
07-31-2003, 10:22 AM
could me, im not familiar with the maxima though. But on the Galant, you will need a camber kit in the rear for a significant drop. You can get away without one in the front if your drop is minimal though.

pinoyesv6
07-31-2003, 10:23 AM
camber kits are optional you don't need them.

camber kits allow you to get a better range of adjustment of camber, or in our cars, allows us to ajust our camber.

when you lower your car the camber of the car changes.

sometimes you need them sometimes you don't. cars react differently to drops.

if you have a severe camber problems a camber adjustment kit is needed.

if you don't have severe camber problems, this is where you have to think.

look at your drop, now i've heard of some people start to rub on the fenders cuz they have perfect camber. if your camber is just a lil bit off, is it worth it to spend money to buy a camber kit, get it installed, and then modify the fender so you would rub?

camber can also work to your advantage. having slightly negative camber can help to improve your handling capabilities.

if your camber problems aren't that serious, you might just want to get your tires rotated every once in a while so the front and the back wear evenly.

but an alignment is a must since it also fixes your toe, which gets messed up when you lower a car.