PDA

View Full Version : KYB's or koni's?

leadfoot
07-31-2003, 10:27 AM
i am going to be getting performnace struts for my car and need to know with one would be better. i have RS racing coilovers sitting in my room and a camber kit for the rear as well the only other peace of suspencion part that i will need are struts i know that both KYB's and koni's are very good but which one would be cheaper to get and give a nice drop?

SCortes
08-03-2003, 03:43 PM
wish I could be more help, i was checking koni's site the other day, i didn't see anything listed for Mitsu's, but who knows. But based on what I've heard from everyone I know, I'd say go with the KYB's.

Messiah
08-03-2003, 10:18 PM
I have the KYBs right now...I wish I would have gone with the Koni's instead...The nice thing about KYBs, is that they make replacement struts...Konis don;t, they make inserts...The Koni's have more tuning option then the KYBs.

Danger DANJ
08-04-2003, 09:41 AM
There are no direct replacement Koni's for the 8G. I have Koni inserts in the front of my 8G, but they weren't cheap since they had to be inserted into the stock housings. The ride is pretty nice with them though.