PDA

View Full Version : Air bag ride

MidNightRacing
07-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Ok a friend of mine Father is a mechanic and got an air bag suspension from his work. They asked why dont i put it in my car. Can you guys give me your opinions. Im not too sure because I believe they only belong on lowriders. And how does it work? Does it take out the struts n spring?

Niytrus
07-31-2003, 12:42 PM
it replaces the struts i believe... I am getting it done on my ride, it can be pricey though... if you wanna sell it, let me know. I could definatly use it.

SkunK
07-31-2003, 07:05 PM
If you think air suspension is only for low-riders, then you are living in the past. I have it on mine (air cylinders) and I know several other TGC members have it on their g's. It replaces the strut and the spring. The air bags are like a little rubber bladder that can be inflated and deflated with switches. The comfort of your ride is also affected by where you have the bags set. Really low= bouncy / Really high= stiff / Happy Medium= smooth ride. Some of them run off of a nitrogen tank that you have to get refilled. Other rides, like mine, are set up with an air tank and a compressor that automatically refills the tank when it's low. Do you not read import magazines? It is actually very common. I think you should do it, but plan on shelling out a few thousand.