PDA

View Full Version : how many shots....

krazienluv10
07-31-2003, 08:13 PM
how much nitrous will it take to shave off half a sec... or even better get it in to the 15 sec mark with an auto with basic bolt ons???generally speaking... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

HiperSilver
08-01-2003, 01:57 AM
why not just ask whats a safe amount to run

75 dry

110 wet

is what 2.4 liters can take..what your trans can take ...-75

krazienluv10
08-01-2003, 02:28 AM
ohhh hehe thanks that would have been a better question... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif ohh hey what the approximate quarter mile time i can get anyways... i read lots off peepz shooting about 70 but i cant find there times...

smokinLV
08-01-2003, 08:59 AM
i have a 75 shot but i havent tested it yet, when i test it i will let you know what i run.

Cali
08-01-2003, 01:21 PM
hey smokinlv did you install the kit with the copies i gave you? man i have a leak in my bottle i have to wait till i get a new valve.

HiperSilver
08-01-2003, 05:24 PM
you should be able to run a low 15

HeadAche
08-02-2003, 09:29 AM
To run a 15sec 1/4mile time with just basic bolt on's.. its not the nitrous that will get the time its more so your reation.. Your reaction time is the most important part, if you cant get off the line, you'll never get to the end fast enough..

HiperSilver
08-03-2003, 01:16 AM
i dont have a problem with R/T

its how you launch.

smokinLV
08-04-2003, 08:43 AM
hey smokinlv did you install the kit with the copies i gave you? man i have a leak in my bottle i have to wait till i get a new valve.

No its not fully installed yet i have to install the FPR and run the the wire to the nitrous bottle.

HeadAche
08-04-2003, 01:23 PM
i dont have a problem with R/T

its how you launch.

You really cant do to much about the launch, just hold the break and let go.. or you can hold the e-brake if thats easier.. If your gettin a lot of tire spin at the launch drop your tire pressure if you already haven't, or just slicks, like me..

dza
08-19-2003, 01:24 PM
I thought reaction time doesn't count towards your 1/4 mile time. You could wait 5 minutes after the green light and still get the same 1/4 mile time. The timer doesn't start until you start. I know this b/c the first time I was at the track, I waited until the green light before I went just so I had one less thing to be nervous about. And, my 1/4 mile times were consistant even with R/T ranging from .7 to 1.6 (yikes)

HeadAche
08-19-2003, 11:19 PM
But in all reality who the waits at a the line? i know i sure dont.. IF you cant get off the line with a decent recation from say .55-.75 your gonna run a bad time, unless your on the bottle and your makin up for the bad reaction by spraying all the way down the strip..

dza
08-20-2003, 11:50 AM
I only waited at the line b/c it was my first time at the track. As long as you take off the line the same way you would, you'll be fine. Being that the timer doesn't start until you take off, it doesn't matter when you take off the line. It matters how your react once you do start, but you technically don't need to have a good reaction time unless you're bracket racing (or whatever they call it). If you're simply talking about track times, you don't NEED a good reaction time. But, if you wanna be the first one to the finish line, then definitly R/T counts big time.