PDA

View Full Version : A question about Lights?

TexasMade
08-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Yesterday i removed the yellow reflectors out of the front headlight housing. Can i replace the amber colored bulb used for the blinker with a clear or blue bulb? Or is against some kinda law that there has to be a yellow bulb for the turn signal?

What kinda lights do any of yall have in?

ChikagoGTZ
08-03-2003, 07:43 AM
I've had mine cleared with hyper white bulbs for about 5 months and the Chicago Police havent bothered about it yet. I'm sure if I lived in a suburb some donut munching prick would give me a hard time. Carry some amber bulbs in your glove box and if you get pulled over tell the cop you came from a car show and forgot to switch it back...it only takes 2 mins to change a bulb and if the copper is cool, he'll let you slide.

ChikagoGTZ

:doubleup: HONDA (and those gay ass rice Saturns)

8ggalant
08-03-2003, 08:12 AM
u can hav white (clear) bulbs or hyperwhite(bluish) bulbs in va as long as its a white light not a blue light when its on...i juss put amber lights in juss in case cuz va cops are pricks

TexasMade
08-03-2003, 09:18 AM
thanks fellas.

mrjaydeeone
08-03-2003, 05:31 PM
I've had hyper white bulbs here in nyc for over a year and a half now and no problems

escoson
08-03-2003, 05:33 PM
all depends on the state your in. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Angelina264
08-03-2003, 11:28 PM
sup! just like escoson said, it denpends on your state. i know in florida it's illegal even if you have the amber bulbs.... just letting yo uknow https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
08-03-2003, 11:40 PM
i know in florida it's illegal even if you have the amber bulbs.... just letting yo uknow https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

OMG, something is illegal in florida. im shocked.

but yea, if u have clear corners with amber bulbs and you get pulled over for it, its not cuz of your bulbs. many cars come with clear corners. thats not what's illegal. what's illegal is not having a reflector in the front. if you notice cars that come with stock clear corners, they have a reflector somewhere in the front, like in the side of the bumper or something.

Angelina264
08-06-2003, 10:08 PM
my bad, bro

CWolf
08-07-2003, 09:06 AM
u can hav white (clear) bulbs or hyperwhite(bluish) bulbs in va as long as its a white light not a blue light when its on...i juss put amber lights in juss in case cuz va cops are pricks

Can you maybe point me to that law? Cause I just cleared my corners, and they still look orange to me, just from the bulbs. If it's legal to have white turn signal bulbs, I might want to do that, but if it's illegal, it's not really that big a deal. Just need to get confirmation...

dza
08-07-2003, 09:58 AM
i'm sure you are allowed to have white turn signal bulbs in VA... the only problem is

cuz va cops are pricks sometimes.

I dunno how it is in VA Beach but in Northern VA its kinda strict at times.

CWolf
08-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Ok, cool. VA cops might be pricks, but if the bulbs are legal, then they really can't do anything to you.

Where do you live in VA, dan? Northern I'm assuming?

TheRealDeal
08-07-2003, 10:02 AM
I have the same hyperwhites in my ride to and I haven't been pulled over once. Ive had em in for years now.

CWolf
08-07-2003, 10:10 AM
That's because Texas is an awesome state https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

<<<<Born and raised in Texas

pinoyesv6
08-07-2003, 10:10 AM
i'd check with your local police. certain jurisdictions have certain laws that go along with the state and federal laws. if you ask nicely they shouldn't be a price about it.

in maryland, its illegal. my friend has the ticket to prove it too.

dza
08-07-2003, 10:13 AM
That's a good point. I know its illegal in MD and if you are in Northern VA and go into MD, they really don't care what state you came from. You're on their turf now.

Fishboy55
08-07-2003, 10:15 AM

Can you maybe point me to that law? Cause I just cleared my corners, and they still look orange to me, just from the bulbs. If it's legal to have white turn signal bulbs, I might want to do that, but if it's illegal, it's not really that big a deal. Just need to get confirmation...

Why not just install the Titanium bulbs, like I have? They're about $6 each. They are chrome when off and amber when on and meet the legal restrictions for the front turn signal bulbs.

Bonez
08-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Man matter of fact i just got a ticket for my lights on the hood the (windsheild washer lights) $55 but he didn't say nothing for the turn signal lights and he gave me a warning for my tint i have 25% so fuck maryland police for real.

CWolf
08-07-2003, 11:45 AM

Why not just install the Titanium bulbs, like I have? They're about $6 each. They are chrome when off and amber when on and meet the legal restrictions for the front turn signal bulbs.

That's cool, I didn't even know those existed. Gonna have to find some, you think Autozone would have those? Thanks, Chip.

pinoyesv6
08-07-2003, 07:36 PM
pep boys would be your best bet. advanced auto has some. well some of them. autozone carries apc but i haven't seen one that carries the apc titanium bulbs.

Strahan
08-08-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm thinking about swapping out my LED bulbs for some of those. I like the LEDs, but the fast blinking is getting on my nerves https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

xtrememarine
08-15-2003, 03:15 PM
IN CALI EVERYTHINGS ILLEGAL BUT THE COPS ONLY USE IT A AN EXCUSE TO PUL YOUNG PEOPLE OVER.

2000GTZ
08-16-2003, 04:05 AM
well im in San jose, CA and the cops around here havent stopped me yet. then agian, i dont go out much during the day, and if i do, it isnt far (not many cops in this neighborhood. im like 15 miles away from downtown) so i go out during the night often, and cops cant tell if you have reflectors at night usually. i have the sylvania clear bulb 1157s, and they are pretty damn bright. the intensity of these are more than my silverstar headlights i think. its just that the silverstars are whiter. i asked the pepboy dude and he said they are amber, but they are more like light orange. i like them. besides, i got the long life bulbs for about 3 bucks altogether.

when inspection time comes around, ill get some cheapo reflectors, but i was thinking about actually putting them near the foglight on the bumper, kinda like the 1st gen vipers. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Auto-9
08-16-2003, 06:14 PM
I see you're a Texas member. In Texas, you are allowed white or amber up front, so the hyperwhites people have been listing are legal. Blue however is illegal, as I've seen many a Civic being issued a fix it ticket for them.