PDA

View Full Version : Where to connect A/F gauge, to front 02 or rear 02??

cdaw2001ES
09-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Got my pod and autopmeter Air/fuelguage today, got it painted up, and it's curently curing itself to the car. It's instuctions just say "the 02 sensor" however we gots two of em????

Black2k1GTZ
09-05-2002, 02:34 AM
You dont hook it to the O2 sensor at all...It will go aboslutely nuts if you hook it to that. It took me a day afte rI hooked it up to think about it and I realized...how can you measure the ratio of air to fuel...when you hooking to something that only monitors air??? So after some thinking and looking all over the internet...I found something on Club3g...and they had a faq on it...so to make a long story short...it goes to teh ECM box behind the glove box. I cant remember which wire it is...but look on there and youll find it!!!

Marc :mg:

cdaw2001ES
09-05-2002, 02:57 AM
I connected it to the input from the front sensor, at the pcm pin 73 or 71 forgot, but it was the right one (a white wire) front upper corner of the 3rd connector ,
As per the directions it does bounce back and forth constantly under normal loads, but at wide open throttle, it becomes steady. I'd prfer if it did some sort of averaging and kept the indicator steady all the time, as its a bit of a distraction.

Fishboy55
09-05-2002, 07:44 AM
That pin on the ECU is the O2 sensor signal wire. The A/F gauge is doing exactly what it's supposed to. The system is in closed loop mode only at WOT, which is why the gauge only steadys at that point. The rest of the time it's fluctuating with the signal of the O2 sensor. This is the way an A/F mter works. It measures fluctuations of 0.1 volts. At WOT the system should be at or near stoich, which is neither rich or lean. There are some really good A/F meters out there that overcome the fluctuation issue. Some have just 3 or 5 LED's that stay on steady depending on the voltage. Others have digital readouts that measure the exact voltage. In actuality, the analog meters are the best if the fluctuation really bothers you. Thery tend to stay more steady during open loop (normal operating condition) mode.

Chip