PDA

View Full Version : Value Cover

Zander
08-03-2003, 04:10 PM
I was just woundeing, I've seen the cool DOHC value covers but does any one make them for the SOHC engine if anyone knows please let me know.

bronxbombr
08-03-2003, 04:26 PM
You could paint your own, or take it off and take it to a shop to do it.

Livn2sk8
08-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey Zander, where have you seen the cool DOHC valve covers? I've never seen any but stock......please....elaborate for me

2True
08-05-2003, 02:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Livn2sk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Zander, where have you seen the cool DOHC valve covers? I've never seen any but stock......please....elaborate for me</div>

I think he means for the 4g63. Does the GS have the same valve cover? I thought it did...

Zander
08-05-2003, 04:06 PM
I was browsing through the members pics and seen it, In jc whitney they have the jdm valve covers just not for the galant.

seth98esT
08-05-2003, 08:47 PM
'63 vc and gs vc are the same. almost the same head too i believe...

Livn2sk8
08-06-2003, 01:45 AM
isn't one a DOHC and the other SOHC, there is a big difference in all of the pics that I have seen.......

seth98esT
08-06-2003, 06:40 AM
yes big difference, if u want a dohc valve cover, do the head swap or a 4g63t swap

Livn2sk8
08-06-2003, 11:59 AM
I have the DOHC 4g64, why would I want to swap? If I ever have the money to go turbo, i'm going 4g64T. Anways, off topic....I was looking to see if they had any custom valve covers, ya know? how civics have all of those different colored valve covers.........That is the only reason I envy honda's......a million different aftermarket things for them....and hardly any for us...

peanotation
08-06-2003, 12:03 PM
......a million different aftermarket things for them....and hardly any for us...

ugh....so true.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

bronxbombr
08-06-2003, 12:04 PM
I have the DOHC 4g64, why would I want to swap? If I ever have the money to go turbo, i'm going 4g64T. Anways, off topic....I was looking to see if they had any custom valve covers, ya know? how civics have all of those different colored valve covers.........That is the only reason I envy honda's......a million different aftermarket things for them....and hardly any for us...

Thats cuz all honda drivers get the supply and demand treatment. Unlike all us G'ers

whitelightning
08-09-2003, 12:18 AM
but the small aftermarket following is what makes us better, cause anyone can bolt on an aftermarket part but it takes someone with brains, determination and know how, not to mention a good bit of cash flow to get a part to work n their Galant, most of our "aftermarket" parts are made by other Galant owners and are not mass produced which means we can be different and original with our rides while those little Honda people are stuck with their huge aftermarket following. We have something much better, the brains to do it ourself and make our cars truly be different. Therefore a Slightly modded galant is IMO much better than a heavily modded Civic, Accord, or Integra. But thats just my opinoin, i really needed to vent about that cause i get pissed when i see a Honda pull up at a light and laugh cause they think there car is so much cooler cause they have more aftermarket parts then I do, therefore I have to laugh as they sit back at the light with their cosmeticly modded Civic and I am flying down the road.