PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifold/Header

jay95galants
08-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Ok i know RPW makes a header for our car but everytime i read about someone having it they had to mod it or they have to wait forever for it to come in, my question is would it be easier to get our exhaust manifold port and polished, or are there alternatives? i know the 8g has a kamikaze header will that fit ?

pinoyesv6
08-03-2003, 10:48 PM
i think, if u really want headers the rpw's are your best bet. yea they might take a bit to get in but think of this. you get headers from another car. like the 8g galant or maybe the 1g eclipse 2.0 n/a 4g63. and yea the headers bolt on. but then you're not done yet. the downpipe won't line up right. so that means going down to the exhaust shops, and spending a few hundred dollars getting a custom downpipe made. so overall, you factor in ordeirng the header, getting it. puttting it on. realizing the downpipe doesn't line up, taking off the header and reverting back to stock. going to the ehxaust shop and getting a new downpipe made. and boy thats a realyl long time.

xero260
08-07-2003, 11:46 PM
hey pinoy, gotta qustion for ya, is 3 months too long to wait for these goddamn rpw headers, every time i think about it, i get so pissed, 3 months and still havent gotten it

escoson
08-07-2003, 11:48 PM
hey pinoy, gotta qustion for ya, is 3 months too long to wait for these goddamn rpw headers, every time i think about it, i get so pissed, 3 months and still havent gotten it

ive heard of ppl waiting 4 months for them but they have also stated the wait was well worth it.

seth98esT
08-08-2003, 01:01 AM
get the 8g kamakaze headers! they will bolt up to the head and if they clear the oil pan ur all set. then just get an 8g downpipe and have it welded onto ur exhaust piping however u have it, cat or no cat

krazienluv10
08-08-2003, 02:23 AM
yea i waited about 4 months for my headers and it didnt even wanna fit , i had to drill to make the holes bigger...= ( but ohh well... least i have it now... 8)