PDA

View Full Version : High Octane Gas?

galant2kde
09-05-2002, 12:45 AM
High Octane Gas? i know our 4s are supposed to running 87 well thats what mitsu says, what if u run 93 oc. with a 10 point octain booster? is that good or bad and will you see gains at all, will it screw anything up in the long run? or is it safer to use then 87?

Need advice thanks

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 12:46 AM
i'd just stick with 87 unless ur like running some pretty good mods like internals, maybe a turbo or whatever. running premium or an octane booster for normal everyday driving is just a waste of money

galant2kde
09-05-2002, 12:57 AM
so it wont incream a lil power at all?

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 01:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant2kde)</div><div class='quotemain'>so it wont incream a lil power at all?</div>

i'll tell u this. if u keep buying regular. then u'll probably save up enough money for real mods from the savings u'd getfrom buying like premium...or an octane booster

TJC
09-05-2002, 01:26 AM
Running higher octane gas will never cause a problem. higher octane means the gas will withstand higher temperatures w/o pre-igniting aka detonation/pinging. Why do you need higher octane? Those that run N2O, Turbo/SC, or high compression engines builds up lots of heat... so much heat infact that it will actually ignite the gas during the compression cycle before the sparkplug even fires off. This causes serious damage in the engine unless you get the octane of your gasoline mix high enough to deter this.

Closing topic.