PDA

View Full Version : 2.4L & 3.0L same filter?

Auto-9
08-04-2003, 07:11 PM
I was checking out the oil filters and it looks like they are the same for both engines. Just curious.

manybrews
08-04-2003, 07:54 PM
technically, they arent.
the 4 cylinder has a taller and thinner filter, and the v6 is shorter and fatter.

however, the mounting threads and size have been the same on every mitsubishi since the beginning of time.
the only reason to change the exterior size is generally for packaging reasons, i.e there may not be enough clearance between the filter and some other part of the engine.

Auto-9
08-04-2003, 10:18 PM
I see...so they're only similar in exterior dimensions. I saw part number MZ690116 for the V6 filter...is this the right part?

manybrews
08-04-2003, 10:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I see...so they're only similar in exterior dimensions. I saw part number MZ690116 for the V6 filter...is this the right part?</div>
theyre similar in the way they mount. meaning any mitsu filter ever made will screw on any car they ever made. The problem is that on some cars, the fatty filters may hit something the skinny ones wouldnt, and vise versa.

also, mitsu just redesigned their filters.. they only have 2 now (used to have 4), and I have no idea what the numbers are for them.

Auto-9
08-05-2003, 10:10 AM
I bet they're going to redesign their windshields next...thanks for the info.

Faction
08-05-2003, 04:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bet they're going to redesign their windshields next...thanks for the info.</div>

ROFL, yea you heard about that sequential windishield?

Auto-9
08-05-2003, 10:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>ROFL, yea you heard about that sequential windishield?</div>

Damn...new stuff popping up everyday. Before I know it, they'll be using tubeless tires.

Khopari
08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>ROFL, yea you heard about that sequential windishield?</div>

Damn...new stuff popping up everyday. Before I know it, they'll be using tubeless tires.</div>

UMM U Will Find Out Soon Peter

They are... :oops: