PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Straight Pipe

Lazarus
08-05-2003, 06:04 AM
I am contemplating when I redo my exaust Going from High Flow Car to Straight pipe. Now my questions is this. Does anyone have a straight pipe and if do did you get a code from the O2 Sensor? Thanks

8ggalant
08-05-2003, 09:38 AM
ukno yer gonna have to go under axle remeber the jic exhaust is that way

00GTZ00
08-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Why would you have to route the exaust to go under the axel to replace the Cat?

Lazarus - I would check the eclipse board I know that a few guys have test pipes on their 3g over their...

8ggalant
08-05-2003, 10:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why would you have to route the exaust to go under the axel to replace the Cat? Â*

Lazarus - I would check the eclipse board I know that a few guys have test pipes on their 3g over their...</div>

i wasnt talkin about the cat...strait pipe exhaust goes under the axle hence "straight" pipe it wouldnt be str8 if it bent to go over the axle....i already decided im doin this when i go turbo

00GTZ00
08-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Oh we are talking about two differnet sections of the exaust then...

I have allways referred to a "strait pipe" as a replacment pipe for the cat..and it is also known as a "test pipe" and I think that is what Lazarus was referring to also.

8ggalant
08-05-2003, 11:34 AM
oh yea ok...like a test pipe or cat eliminator...see i used to live in japan and when some one says str8 pipe i think str8 thru exhaust...no cats no resonators....

Messiah
08-05-2003, 01:43 PM
I think Laz is keeping is High flow cat, he's just gonna run a straight pipe there on after....eliminating the resonators and muffler, right...Laz?

It shouldn't affect the o2 sensor, the resonators and muffler don't deal with emission, they're there for noise control....I have no muffler, I still have both my resonators tho...no problem so far

Lazarus
08-06-2003, 01:55 AM
*sits down and takes his glasses off* oh um...this is the straight pipe I am refering to.
http://www.testpipe.com/media/catimg/tp%20integra%20catagories.JPG

In place of my HFC. I will still use a resignator but I'd rather have the resignator or no resignator if I can find a muffler that won't be so loud without one.

Prophet
08-06-2003, 03:06 AM
lol

If you are talking about replacing your HFC with just a straight pipe you should be just fine. If you lived in Cali though your going to have problems with emmisions. I know there are straight pipes that you can replace whenever you want to. Not alot of shops here even like to mess with the cat.

Lazarus
08-06-2003, 03:20 AM
How loud is your muffler? I am going back to Florida the land of
"I don't give a fuck"

Reelax
08-06-2003, 03:26 AM
i have a MPHUnlimited down pipe which used to have a hi-flow cat... that cat hit a speed bump and cracked the internals so i had it replaced w/ a test pipe welded in. i currently have the 2 rear of 4 O2 sensors plugged into the harness but not into the piping; the front 2 are plugged into the piping where the pre cats used to be... no SES codes.

one warning... even w/ my retained resonator, my car is ridiculously loud under load... kinda sounds like a waterski pantherjet boat now.

mjc1055
08-06-2003, 03:45 AM
on this topic, does anybody know how useful replacing the two precats with test pipes would be? according to what ive read here on the site in past posts, those two precats are really restrictive, so it seems like itd be a good idea to eliminate them.. any opinions? how much power would i gain? and exactly how much louder would the car be?

Prophet
08-06-2003, 03:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>How loud is your muffler? Â*I am going back to Florida the land of Â*
"I don't give a fuck"</div>

I wish I lived there.....

I don't have this with my car but from friends (Don't own G's) there exhaust did get alot louder. I know of people who have just removed the cat and are running no pipes. Needless to say IMO there cars sound like shit but it does up the performance being that it is alot less restrictive.

krazienluv10
08-06-2003, 01:40 PM
i have a test pipe...if u have headers, test pipe and 5 zigen style muffler... it is loud as hell!!!! had to leave in the silencer...

Reelax
08-06-2003, 06:36 PM
on this topic, does anybody know how useful replacing the two precats with test pipes would be? according to what ive read here on the site in past posts, those two precats are really restrictive, so it seems like itd be a good idea to eliminate them.. any opinions? how much power would i gain? and exactly how much louder would the car be?

that's exactly what my down pipe does... eliminates the 2 pre cats. it is VERY loud but i can pull away from stock 3G GT's at will even though they are lighter.

http://www.raniworld.com/RAAA/115-1513_IMG.JPG