PDA

View Full Version : Leaf caught in interior fan

sj420
08-05-2003, 04:54 PM
i have what i think is a leaf hitting the fan blades for my fan (a/c unit). sometimes it goes away, then it comes back when turn it up to like 3. and stays for another few days. can someone explain how to get back there so i can check? can i access it from the interior behind the glove box or do i need to jack up the car?

pinoyesv6
08-05-2003, 05:00 PM
the blower for the AC is right under the glovebox.

take out the glove box by opening it and then pinching in the sides. it should drop down and then you just lift it out.

if you have one of the older 01's then you'll have a cabin filter. you'll see some brass colored screws holding a rectangular piece of plastic. pull that out and that will be your cabin filter. keep that bad boy clean.

if you have one of the newer 01's then you won't have a cabin filter. the cabin filter was deleted in the middle of the 01 production year because people never payed attention to it.

but yea if you have one of the older 01's you can stick you hand in the hole for the cabin filter and grab any big debris. if any.

if you want you can remove the blower motor. go under the glovebox and you'll see a plastic shroud. pull that off. look up and you'll see this round thing. thats the blower motor.

uhm also a noise from the blower motor can also be a sign that it is about to go.

sj420
08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
excellent i think i'm gonna get to it in a minute or two. yeah my gtz has a cabin filter. i SHOULD pay attention to it but eh... well now's a chance. thanks.

clone2020
08-05-2003, 08:45 PM
The "take-a-part" that pinoyesv6 described sounds right.

A couple months ago I found a huge grasshopper & a couple bees in the blower.

-Mike.