PDA

View Full Version : Rippmods SDS Update - Just pased 2000 miles

VegasMatt
08-06-2003, 11:17 AM
OK, today I have driven the Galant for 2000 miles with the SDS kit installed.

As to date, there have not been any problems related to the SDS. In first gear you can feel it come on smoothly then in second gear it just rips ass and I am flying. It feels like when you take off in a jet at the airport. It willl put you in the seat.

The idle has started to level off smooth as the ECU and AFR have really started to learn the fuel curve. Also it helps that the weather is starting to cool off out here in Vegas. It was idling real rough in the 114 degree weather.

I havent received a check engine light related to the SDS for several hundred miles.

I have smoked my fair share of mustangs and camaros and they are imperssed when I blow past them. The looks in their face is priceless.

If you are on the edge of buying this kit and you are uncertain if you really want it, (as I was). I would suggest getting it, I have had no regrets in purchasing the kit and the more I drive on it, the happier I am. I just redynod the car and it measured again 266whp with 205ftlb torque.

I have ordered the methanol kit from Ross today and he has been very helpful in dealing with all aspects of the SDS. If for any reason you have any problems, Ross and Cody are there for you, just give them a call.

If you any of you have any questions, please send me a PM.

BXNYMitsu01
08-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey that is great that your RIPP SDS kit is doing well after 2000 miles. Keep posting. I want to get one put on, but I'm still under warranty. :cry:

But I really would like to get that SDS kit.

FastNFabolous
08-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Already :smilegrin: :biggrin: :yes:
Matts taking me for a spin later on!!!

-------------------------------
TEAM TGCLV

VegasMatt
08-06-2003, 04:50 PM
come down to my work, call my cell and we can hook it up today.

FastNFabolous
08-06-2003, 04:57 PM
For Shizzzzzzzzzzzzle Mpizzzzzzzzzzy

------------------------------
TEAM TGCLV

00GTZ00
08-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Hey VegasMatt

congrats on the 266whp

I am a little confused on the torque though 205? was this a typo? I was allways under the impression that the SC kit would yeald higher torque numbers than that. Although I must admit that I have not seen a dyno sheet from a 3.0 SDS car as of yet. I was expecting the torque to be higher based off of what I have seen from other setups. I was expecting the torque to be at least 230ish if not upwards to 250ish.

Would it be possible to clarify my thinking for me? Am I wrong for thinking that the torque should be higher? Or is it just the design of the 3.0 that limits the torque output of our cars? TIA

CWolf
08-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Doesn't Matt have an I4?

Xavier22
08-07-2003, 08:27 AM
no, v6!

Jeff
08-07-2003, 08:33 AM
thats awesome Matt. I'm damn close to selling my soul for the SDS, but I'll just work for it. By the time I have the money saved up, the stage 2 will be out anyway...which is what I'll need to keep up with my neighbors blown Mustang and my brothers SRT-4. Said it before and i'll say it again, "Damn this 4cyl."

jluv97
08-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey that is great that your RIPP SDS kit is doing well after 2000 miles. Keep posting. I want to get one put on, but I'm still under warranty. :cry:

Over 90% percent of cars have no problems during the warranty period. Don't sweat it, void that damn warranty and have the fun of a newer car with better performance.

VegasMatt
08-07-2003, 08:55 AM
The torque number was made when I had the car running extremly rich and the AFR had just gotten tuned. That was 1200 miles ago, I am sure if I redynoed now the torque numbers would be more in line with what Ripp claims the kit can do. Tomorrow is dyno day at my shop so I will try and get it on the dyno if I can.

As for the warranty, I took my Galant to the dealer last month to get a new rear main seal and other items. They did not void out my warranty, I was honest with them up front and stated what i had. Actually the guys in service loved the kit and have even brought in customers to see my car while it was there to help them sell Galants. My galant sat in their showroom for 4 days and even the owner of the dealership wanted to buy my Galant.

Also another thing that was not mentioned by Ross is that this kit comes with the code reader too, so if you pop a SES light, you can read it, find out whats going on and also have the ability to erase the code. How many kits out there have you seen that comes with a code reader???

Also someone above mentioned taking out his brothers SRT-4? I have taken down 3 of em. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

LS1Hunter
08-07-2003, 10:21 AM
OK, today I have driven the Galant for 2000 miles with the SDS kit installed.

As to date, there have not been any problems related to the SDS. In first gear you can feel it come on smoothly then in second gear it just rips ass and I am flying. It feels like when you take off in a jet at the airport. It willl put you in the seat.

The idle has started to level off smooth as the ECU and AFR have really started to learn the fuel curve. Also it helps that the weather is starting to cool off out here in Vegas. It was idling real rough in the 114 degree weather.

I havent received a check engine light related to the SDS for several hundred miles.

I have smoked my fair share of mustangs and camaros and they are imperssed when I blow past them. The looks in their face is priceless.

If you are on the edge of buying this kit and you are uncertain if you really want it, (as I was). I would suggest getting it, I have had no regrets in purchasing the kit and the more I drive on it, the happier I am. I just redynod the car and it measured again 266whp with 205ftlb torque.

I have ordered the methanol kit from Ross today and he has been very helpful in dealing with all aspects of the SDS. If for any reason you have any problems, Ross and Cody are there for you, just give them a call.

If you any of you have any questions, please send me a PM.You mean you beat your fair share of V6 Camaros and V6 Mustangs correct? :?:

BXNYMitsu01
08-07-2003, 12:04 PM

Over 90% percent of cars have no problems during the warranty period. Don't sweat it, void that damn warranty and have the fun of a newer car with better performance.

Sure...Do you have $3500 to spare? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif :biggrin:

Jeff
08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Also someone above mentioned taking out his brothers SRT-4? I have taken down 3 of em. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Beautiful!!!!! :twisted:

escoson
08-07-2003, 11:57 PM
very nice, i cant wait to get the sds setup in a few months! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

HeadAche
08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Its good to hear things are good so smoothly with the SDS..

SuperchargedGTZ
08-08-2003, 11:12 AM
hey Matt,

Glad to hear things are going well. I will be taking my car back to Ross soon to have him dyno tune it and hook up the rpm fix. I was also thinking about chaning the pulley and putting the water methanol injection system as well.

My car is runnin crazy rich right now.

what are your settings on the afr? if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

LS1Hunter
08-09-2003, 10:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperchargedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey Matt,

Glad to hear things are going well. Â*I will be taking my car back to Ross soon to have him dyno tune it and hook up the rpm fix. Â*I was also thinking about chaning the pulley and putting the water methanol injection system as well.

My car is runnin crazy rich right now.

what are your settings on the afr? if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks</div>Why not just custom fab some intercooler piping and intercool it? If you can make a jig then for the piping then you could start selling your own intercooler kits using the cost effective rev hard intercoolers. That methynol injection just doesnt look all that appieling to me. I would rather shoot a small shot then use that.

VegasMatt
08-09-2003, 10:56 AM
The methanol injedtor is all digital that is the great thing about it. You can control the amount of injection you want. From a light spray to a heavy spray. Its going to be great to have.

LS1Hunter
08-09-2003, 11:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>The methanol injedtor is all digital that is the great thing about it. Â*You can control the amount of injection you want. Â*From a light spray to a heavy spray. Â*Its going to be great to have.</div>It's looks like a waste to me. Do you have it? What were before and after gains with it. Also what's the % of mixture?

VegasMatt
08-09-2003, 11:55 AM
I ordered it last Tues. Should be here soon.

ConceptSleeper
08-09-2003, 12:51 PM
does rippmods have a site up?

VegasMatt
08-09-2003, 01:05 PM
www.Rippmods.com

Or you can call them and talk to Ross or Cody.

Kwiksix
08-09-2003, 05:39 PM
came from ripp yesterday got a ride in the 320hp monster with the methanol kit it's kickass matt you'll enjoy it. good luck.

VegasMatt
08-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Did Ross give you a ride in the Stratus? How did the Methanol Kit look, I havent seen any pics of it.

RedGalant2k1
08-10-2003, 12:38 AM
good to hear the RIPPMODs SDS Kit is holding up https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Matt, how much did the full setup run you?

Khopari
08-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Good Job,,, Matt. but wtf 2K on that bad boy already... i thought i drive alot....

VegasMatt
08-10-2003, 09:43 AM
good to hear the RIPPMODs SDS Kit is holding up https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Matt, how much did the full setup run you?

Check your PMs

Kwiksix
08-10-2003, 01:50 PM
you'll love the way it looks unless your a hardcore tuner you won't even notice it in the engine bay, and it's a real simple hook up.
That stratus is badass I thought my car was fast.
Too bad our cars are'nt 5spd the gear ratio combined with a kaaz limited slip is perfect.