PDA

View Full Version : Body kit installation prices???

Wicked_Galant
09-05-2002, 02:10 PM
I have the VR4 kit from Jaspen in HK...i took it to a body shop in town to have it painted/installed and the estimate he gave me is 1500.00 (+-) a hundred or two. Is that right? The guy does damn good work, I saw some pictures of kits he put on a few Civics...but that price seems a bit overboard.

Reelax
09-05-2002, 02:15 PM
umm that sounds low to me for a good job. are you not getting the pieces flushed in?

Lazarus
09-07-2002, 03:54 PM
painting and installation that doesn't sound bad. If your just getting the Kit Color Matched to the car I would say that would run you at least about 800 plus installation but the install price would be hard to judge. because the guy usually bases it off of how much work he has to do to put it on. Everyone I talk to says that they have to see the kit to tell me how much it will cost for that reason.

pinoyesv6
09-08-2002, 04:42 PM
1500 doesn't sound too bad. i mean how many pieces is this kit? did u plan on getting the headlights gaps filled, how many layers of paint, what kind of paint, etc etc. get some other quotes from other body shops around town and see how much they offer and what kind of work they do...

Lazarus
09-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Where are you from? I just got a new body man who is doing my new kit. He is molding it and everything except painting it. (Can't Bake the Paint)

Danger DANJ
09-10-2002, 01:18 PM
I was quoted $1400 for paint and installation of the same kit as well as filling in the headlight gaps. The money isn't the problem, it's the fact that the shop wants my car for almost two weeks. It's the only car I have to get back and forth to work. The kit will sit in my garage until I figure out what I can do or possibly install the kit myself, then get it painted. I might have to do one piece at a time and drive around with the parts unpainted until I get everything on.