PDA

View Full Version : Which Gauges

Prophet
08-09-2003, 03:10 AM
Ok I have decided. Until I can afford the SC from RIPP. I am going to use NOS. I want to know which gauges I should get. I am going to get the S7 style but I need to know which one's to get. Air Fuel, etc.... I am only going to run a 50 or maybe a 75 shot.

Fishboy55
08-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Jason, I'd suggest air/fuel and possibly bottle pressure so you can keep track of things. So far, from what I've seen, the S7's are limited. I'm not sure they have a NOS pressure gauge, but they do have air/fuel.

Prophet
08-09-2003, 12:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jason, I'd suggest air/fuel and possibly bottle pressure so you can keep track of things. So far, from what I've seen, the S7's are limited. I'm not sure they have a NOS pressure gauge, but they do have air/fuel.</div>

No they do not have a bottle pressue guage. I am getting a ZEX kit and they have one to bad it is actually connected to the bottle. AC does offer a oil, volt, and other necessary gauges. I am going to get a 3 pod pillar so what else would be good to get. I am thinking oil would be good but what about the third.

VegasMatt
08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
I used a pressure gauge from autometer when I ran nitrous.

Fishboy55
08-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Well I only have two, air/fuel and voltage. I'll be replacing them both with the S7's eventually. I have my volt wired to the hot side of the fusebox, so it reads my voltage with the car off.

Khopari
08-09-2003, 11:41 PM
yea jason.. they got all type of guages but no S7 for Nitros..

MIKE99
08-11-2003, 05:31 AM
depending on which type of system u use, a fuel pressure gauge is also a good idea

Prophet
08-13-2003, 03:15 AM
Ok so here is what I am thinking.

S7
Air/Fuel
Water Temp

Now for the third should I be reading the oil pressure or the oil temp and why would you use a gauge to read the volts.

Also I ran into this while searching for answers and it looks like there is a ABS/Poly A-Pillar gauge pods that are universal. You just trim to match. Is there anything like this here in the US.

Here is a link to what I found. Maybe we can import this in.
http://www.impossible-performance.cwc.net/meters.htm ('http://www.impossible-performance.cwc.net/meters.htm')

pinoyesv6
08-13-2003, 10:03 AM
the pods are for a right hand drive vehicle. so if we were to put it on our left side pillar, wouldn't the angles and stuff be kinda funny

*thinking*

HeadAche
08-13-2003, 10:27 AM
If your going on the bottle, all you really need is just your AirFuel, oil pressure, and bottle pressue.. Like Vegasmatt you can use the autometer version to check the bottle pressure.. Hell you could just use an AFC to bypass them all and tune with it, then all you would need is just the oil pressure guage and thats really about it..

Prophet
08-13-2003, 11:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the pods are for a right hand drive vehicle. so if we were to put it on our left side pillar, wouldn't the angles and stuff be kinda funny

*thinking*</div>

doh. It was late when I posted that. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Sleeping on the job.

But has anyone heared if maybe a stateside company makes something like that. I mean it would be for the left side if there was a company. I guess I got to go looking some more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If your going on the bottle, all you really need is just your AirFuel, oil pressure, and bottle pressue.. Like Vegasmatt you can use the autometer version to check the bottle pressure.. Hell you could just use an AFC to bypass them all and tune with it, then all you would need is just the oil pressure guage and thats really about it..</div>

No I want to stick with the S7 gauges because that is what is going into my gauge cluster. I am going for the "look" right now and since I am going to be hooking up some gauges I might as well get the three. I do have plans hopefully and the end of next year to get the RIPP Supercharger so I know I am going to need more that just one gauge with that. So I am also planning for the future.