PDA

View Full Version : 8G Resale Value!!!

Galant_01
08-10-2003, 01:59 PM
OK prepared to be upset! As most of you know from back when I have been looking to get a bigger ride for quite sometime. About 6 months ago I went to the local Dodge dealer to see about one of the 2003 RAM 1500 Quad Cab's. They run good deals on them and even got the $31,000 sticker down to $23000. But being upside down on the Galant (almost $8,000 back then with a trade in value of $9500) and having no down payment they could not meet my monthly payments needs. I walked.

So about 3 weeks ago I went back to the same dealer knowing that they already offered me $9500 on my car and also knowing that they were offering even bigger deals because it was the end of the model year. Plus I had a Grand down this time I knew that I could get the monthly payments were I need them. But then the twist. They came out with some really high numbers. I asked what was the cause of the inflated figures and they said the trade value of my car was low because of a door ding. They appraised my car for $4500! One little door ding which has been there for over 2 years was causing me this problem. I explained to them that I had already been to there dealer and they offered me $9500 just 5 months ago with the car in the same condition. 1 door ding in 3 years is not bad and considered normal wear and tear. The then started to argue there point that I must be lying because they would never have offered me $9500 for my car 5 months ago and even if they did they were under different management them!
At that point I went off! I had the Sales Manager, Used Car Manager, and the Apprailal Tech in an office just going bizerk! I mean I know enough about cars to know when I am being insulted! This was ridiculous! I told them they could take there offer and shove it up there ASS! I then left thte dealer shouting to the other customers on the floor that this place is bullshit and they will try to rip you off! Very upsetting story!
But once again I am stuck with my Galant. Because of the baby seat we cannot fit anyone else in the car and it is too small. So looks like I will ride this "Diamond Advantage" plan out and then pay the extra mileage next November and be rid of all this hassle. So the moral is DO NOT EVER GET A DIAMOND ADVANTAGE plan if you are going to be driving high mileage! Well I guess I am an idiot and I live and learn. I just hate that my family has to ride unconfortably because of my mistake!

ANYWAY....

gost2002es
08-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Sorry to hear about that but at least you shouted the place sucked with other customers in there. I would laugh my balls off if i were in there when that happened.

Kalamidad
08-10-2003, 02:46 PM
sorry about your situation.

Dre
08-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah man! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully that business lost those customers that were there at the time you screamed they were "full of it".

Auto-9
08-10-2003, 04:42 PM
That's crap man. I got 12k offer for my car, and it had a torn up bumper and crumpled hood. Door ding my arse.

pinoyesv6
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
my 2k esv6 with 30k miles got appraised at around 13k. not bad for a 2.5 year old car at the time. i mean without financing we got the car down to 16k. a 1k depreciation each year seems ok with me. i just noticed that people got ripped off from the getgo.

escoson
08-10-2003, 09:06 PM
the one thing i dont like about mitsu, there value drops dramaticly... :roll:

ryans99es2.4
08-11-2003, 01:23 PM
that's why I paid in cash for my G, I don't have to worry about mileage or anything, because it is MY CAR, not the dealer's.

but sorry to hear about that, that's how I got my car under $5,000 (it's a 99), because I bought it used

galant2nr
08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
leased car with high mileage = SCREWED!!!

Gilhuly
08-12-2003, 11:21 AM
You're obviously dealing with some unsavory sorts. Under 5K for an 01 V6 in good shape. The car is worth 8,500 if it's worth a nickel. The Galants do come of price from new very rapidly, but I ve been keeping track of the value of 99 V6's and once you get through the first two years they hold their value pretty well.

-Ballernation-
08-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I got mine for $8700. Good deal though...