PDA

View Full Version : Problems all over, Just installed Euro Reverse Gauges.

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Okay, the let the problems begin....

Just got my euro reverse guages in from SR-Motorsports
The directions they send with those things suck...I had no idea that they were just overlays, So i took off my stock gauges...1st mistake, as I have already found out from reading on here....ok, then I had to wire the black and red wire to my head light wires. I spliced the red wire to the other red wire, fine....then I got "smart" and just cut a section out of the black wire and wrapped with other one. But when I was doing that I was using a razor blade to cut the plastic off the black wire, and I touched the metal and shot a spark. (didn't think anything of it) Anyways got all of that hooked back up got my gauges set back into place. Now here's where the problems started..

Problem 1: My accessories doesn't work, turn the key, no radio, no windows, no power locks, oh by the way, locks don't work at all unless the car is turned on all the way.

Problem 2: My cd player (factory) ask for the security pass code everytime I turn my car on.

Problem 3: My speedometer is about 5mph off and my tempreture gauge is running way too high, I know where my car runs at, and it's not where it's running at.....

Problem 4: My car is shifting at a higher RPM than normal...now it's shifting at about 3500rpm, when it usually shifted at 3000rpm.

Problem 5: You know how you can turn your lights on with out the car being on? Well that doesn't work any more either

I don't understand how this many problems can become of just installing guages....but if you could offer ANY help I would be greatly appreciated....if no help can be gathered here, Mitsubishi Dealership is my only hope. Thanks in advance.

gost2002es
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, if you bring it to the dealer, don't bring it with the guages on cause that voids your warranty. Just take them off, bring it down and say this just happened. That way you dont hafta pay to fix it.

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Well thats fine, but is there any way to fix it before i take it to the dealer?

Galant64
08-10-2003, 02:11 PM
u should have connected the red and black wires to the dimmer switch.... im not sure why u tried connected them to the headlights u could have short circuited the system and probably ruined the guages.... if u still have problems or any questions PM me ive done this install about 5 times already

bronxbombr
08-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Check your fuse box and then check your wiring for a short if u can.

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 02:15 PM
But the directions said wire it to the headlight cables...... :cry:

sd2775906
08-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I wired my gauges according to the tuturial and I can't start my car on with the headlights on or my car stalls :cry: Thought I was the only one

Galant64
08-10-2003, 02:20 PM
if i had a camera id send u pics...... but take the red and black and install them in the proper placeemnt through the wire harness on the back of the dimmer switch...... the best thing u can do now is yes check youre fuses.... After that plug the wires to the dimmer switch then give it a try u dont have to put everything back to try it out

galantv600
08-10-2003, 02:21 PM
soeone post Danj's set up of AC gauges....

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Should I put the stock gauges back on? Or does it really matter? Oh yeah should you be able to see some sort of light from the gauges during the day? Because I don't know if they are working or not.......*sigh*

Jeff
08-10-2003, 08:37 PM
it sounds like you blew your accessory fuse...its in the fuse box under the hood. about the car running funny, that I don't know, but check that fuse...it's more than likely blown.

escoson
08-10-2003, 08:45 PM
i agree with eevryone else it def. sounds like blown fuse(s)

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 09:43 PM
Well my guages don't even work, you still think that has to do with the accessory fuse? My gauge needles glow, but the gauges themselves don't

Cyniket
08-10-2003, 10:29 PM
also you said something about the fuses being somewhere other than the side panel by the door on the drivers side?.....are those not it?

Jeff
08-11-2003, 06:12 AM
there is a fuse box located in the engine bay...the black "L" shaped thing by the battery. Just pray to god you didn't blow a fusable link. they don't blow...they melt. I don't think its the accessory fuse if your old gauges still light up, but you blew alot of components at once, so that's the first thing that popped into my head. good luck, and consult your owners manual for fuse locations and descriptions.

Cyniket
08-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey, well good news guys, it was just ONE fuse that was causing all of the troubles, now my gauges are working, I wired them to the dimmer switch, but now my needles are a little bit off, especially my tempeture gauge, and my fuel, but I can correct that, I don't know what to do about my temp gauge, do you think that might be a fuse problem or what? Other than that everything else in my car is back to normal...except I have some badass gauges in there now...hehe :twisted: Thanks for all your help guys....you all are great.

mrjaydeeone
08-11-2003, 07:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyniket)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, well good news guys, it was just ONE fuse that was causing all of the troubles, now my gauges are working, I wired them to the dimmer switch, but now my needles are a little bit off, especially my tempeture gauge, and my fuel, but I can correct that, I don't know what to do about my temp gauge, do you think that might be a fuse problem or what? Â*Other than that everything else in my car is back to normal...except I have some badass gauges in there now...hehe :twisted: Â*Thanks for all your help guys....you all are great.</div>

for the temperature guage...drive car around for a bit then while car is running place the need about halfway for the temp
for the fuel fill up car and stick needle at the full line

Fishboy55
08-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Make sure the new guages aren't touching the needles. You may need some double sided tape behind the euro gauges to hold them down flat.