PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse/ Galant engine question

Bigg Boi
09-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Now, I know that the two cars have compatible engines so I was wondering these two things...

1. Is it mechanically possible to switch the transmission of the manual Eclipse and an automatic Galant? (I also know that there are a lot of other things that have to be done to do a tranny swap.)

2. I haven't looked into whether there are front mound intercoolers for 2K+ Eclipses but if there are, can it be attached to a Galant engine. (with major mods of course)

Thanks to all the reply.

Auto-9
09-05-2002, 06:25 PM
I'll beat everyone to the search function https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif MUWAHAHAHAHA...now to answer your questions to the best of my ability...I believe there's another post that says it has been done, a swap and woo hoo performance. As for front mount intercoolers for the 2k+ Eclipses...I haven't figured out why a non-turboed car would need such a thing, so without even having taken a look at the Eclipse I'd have to say no, they don't have one.

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 06:25 PM
1. yes. the eclipse when stripped down, is pretty much a galant missing two doors.

2. the intercoolers for the eclipse would fit on the 8g but i'd only seee u doing to when running forced induction. uhm as for buying eclipse turbo kits and putting it on the galant. that would work too but some minor mods need to be done since the engine bay on the galant is a lil bit bigger than the one of the eclipse

Bigg Boi
09-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Do any of you know where to buy an Eclipse M/T?

Also, I was mainly looking at the front mound intercooler as an inquiry. I'm back in school now and I have a lot of thinking time. (80% of that thinking is directed towards Galants since I have some pics of another members silver Shogun Galant) I was looking at the pics and it made me think of a front mount intercooler because of the big Shogun bumper gap.

One more inquiry, what would an Eclipse turbo kit run?

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 07:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bigg Boi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do any of you know where to buy an Eclipse M/T?

Also, I was mainly looking at the front mound intercooler as an inquiry. I'm back in school now and I have a lot of thinking time. (80% of that thinking is directed towards Galants since I have some pics of another members silver Shogun Galant) I was looking at the pics and it made me think of a front mount intercooler because of the big Shogun bumper gap.

One more inquiry, what would an Eclipse turbo kit run?</div>

the dealer would be a guaranteed place to get some. auto recyclers should have some. but my best bet is to find a mechanic that is capable of doing a swap first and see what kind of rates he can offer you. some mechanics might be able to get u a special deal on parts or will only install the parts they got, not brought in parts. just a thought

as for the eclipse turbo kits. the pricing on those can vary. there are several options for turbo kits, type of turbo, numer of turbo, intercooler etc etc etc. read thru the peformance forum for more info on manual swaps and turbos

RedGalant2k1
09-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Do any of you know where to buy an Eclipse M/T?

One more inquiry, what would an Eclipse turbo kit run?

$2500-5000 depending on if its Stage 1 or Stage 2 and who its from. go to www.NewEclipse.org look on the parts page and find out for yourself.

Xtech Engineering, Doug's Dynopower are just two of the companies producing FI kits for the new Eclipse.

Ol School Pervert
09-06-2002, 02:23 PM
my brother drives a 3G M/T Eclipse. so it would be possible just to swap the transmission and whatnot?

hmmmmmmmmm....

GalantT3
09-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Dont even think about it Old School! :wink: