PDA

View Full Version : Any options for chassis stiffening?

Mindless
08-12-2003, 05:44 PM
I know there is a kit for the 8g but is there one for our cars? Thanks people.

QnzMostWanted
08-12-2003, 06:25 PM
make ur own lol

JiP
08-12-2003, 07:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QnzFinestPlaya)</div><div class='quotemain'>make ur own lol</div>

I second that!

peanotation
08-12-2003, 07:16 PM
get a 95-99 eclipse front strut tower bar, it fits our 7Gs. the rear lower sway bar is for an eclipse also....i think. but dont quote me on that. get some coilovers like me and start drifting shit.

Mindless
08-12-2003, 07:44 PM
I've got coilover on and I have a front upper strut brace and am getting ready to put a rear upper on. I was just curious if there was any other options.

Yeah, the rear sway bar will fit. Supposedly it bolts right up.

2True
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
There are no stiff kits... :cry:

maroonmonster7G
08-13-2003, 11:48 AM
are there ne real advantages to gettin a front strut tower bar.......i've a;ways thought they were just for a cosmetic affect?.......but if it reallly influences the cars response i might have to get one!

Dark Anghell
08-26-2003, 07:31 PM
There a re other things you can do, it wil depend on how far you want to go.
You can purchase whiteline bushing kit and sway-bar kit. They are harder to find these days, but if you can go for it. Other easy things to do would be to custom build a bar that will connect your seatbelt mounting holes on top and the bottom (arospeed makes one for the bottom I believe, it's universal). For the top, you'll have to make one. Since i don't have a galant anymore, i don't remember if you can do the same to the rear. But that will definately stiffen up the chassis.

Another simple, yet expensive thing to get would be tien coilover suspension (cheaper of the two), or better yet JIC Magic. Some people say JIC sucks but it will defiantely be stiffer than Tien. Suspension from the newer 1995-1999 eclipse would work just fine.

Now more advanced things you can do. You can special type of foam, that can dry even in tight spaces with no air. Use that foam, and spray it inside the frame tubing, just make sure you cover up all the openings.

If you want to go all out do what my friend did to his Hatchiroku, strip the car to a pare frame, and tig-weld everything together. Factory welds suck ass, and tend to have some give, but if you put more welds everywhere, your car will be very stiff. Plus this would be the best time to repaint the car.