PDA

View Full Version : 19's +body kit= how much of a drop?

Cali
09-06-2002, 01:43 AM
hey guys, what kind of a drop should i go with if i got 19's plus a body kit...i rather not go with coilovers so what brand springs should i get? i dont want to be scraping to floor either. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

RedGalant2k1
09-06-2002, 02:22 AM
Eibach Pro-kit, at most you'd want a 1.4" or so drop because 19s are taller than stock. That is unless you had the fenders rolled so you could drop it more. If you want 19s look at AroSpeed's new line of wheels specifically for sport compacts they are 19"x7" rims which helps a LOT on FWD cars.

Reelax
09-06-2002, 04:23 AM
i suggest coilovers. u won't really know until the wheels are on. i have about a 2.5" drop and i suspect i might be able to keep it there w/ 19's and even go deeper in the front. btw, i have H&R's cut 1 coil each corner w/ 18x7.5 225/40zr18. also prepare to roll ur fenders.

pinoyesv6
09-06-2002, 07:11 AM
i really suggest coilovers. you you can drop your just enough so it doesn't scrape with normal driving with no rubbing either. uhm i suggest the eibach. i remember back in the day when rican was the only one with a kit, at least that we knew of, he said that he had to raise his coils all the way up (1 inch drop) so he could actually drive it without scraping it...hmmm

A_Gyrlz_Galant_on19s
09-06-2002, 08:34 AM
I would suggest ground control coilovers but if you got 19x8.5 you won't be able to use a camber kit in the back. I have 19x8.5 no fender rolled in and coilovers and i get no rub at all. as far as springs i don't know, but i like my coilovers, they ride great. Coilovers would be better mean you want a kit you can adjust it to sit where you want it to so you don't mess up your kit

Cali
09-06-2002, 01:05 PM
ok so let's say i go with ground control coilovers..i think I remember reading a thread where there was a fitment problem with the kyb shocks or a different sleeve was need... is there a particular part number i need for the kyb's?

b-boy_sky
09-06-2002, 02:48 PM
I would say not to drop it if you dont wanna scrap. The 19's will fill most of the gap between the tires and the fender and the front and back bumpers will be lower than the stock ones. But if you did want to drop it go with coilovers because you wont need that much of a drop. Just an example I have a friend with a 01 Accord and he has 19's and a body kit and it looks good.....looks like it's dropped but it isn't.....

pinoyesv6
09-06-2002, 02:58 PM
ok so let's say i go with ground control coilovers..i think I remember reading a thread where there was a fitment problem with the kyb shocks or a different sleeve was need... is there a particular part number i need for the kyb's?

don't u live on the west coast now? since you...and u are considering a drop, possibly coils and kyb's, u might want to consider getting the JIC or maybe contacting Tein and see when their setup is coming out. yea i know it costs a lil bit more but hey, the peformance of this setup will definitely be worth the money

GalantT3
09-06-2002, 09:50 PM
Since when do 19's fit on a Galant without it rubbing away at the plastic underneath the wheel?! And besides it makes driving even harder you can take turns as sharp anymore, but maybe, Im wrong and they fit fine.

Can one of the pros fill me on this.

Mechanix
11-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Look at the member's pictures under Silver Bullet, that is 19" x 8 with offset +40; tires 225/35/19; intrax spring (I cut the spring), the rear one should be ok but the problem is for the front wheels that's the lowest you can go with the measurement above.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jerryjudary ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jerryjudary')

Ghost Beat
11-17-2002, 08:17 PM
id say go with coil's too if your getting a kit i went with coils for that reason alone that way you can adjust them to your situation with springs your preety much stuck at a height it might be fine around the places you go to but think of otehr places you might need to go when u need it ot be higher i use my coils a lot an di dont even have a kit yet