PDA

View Full Version : Custom CF Hood Question

Lazarus
09-06-2002, 05:50 AM
What's Up TGC I just Have a Question I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that could custom make a CF Hood. I Like the Evo hood but I won't want to deal with the whole rain thing and I like the OEM but it's kinda plain. What I am looking for is something more like this:http://www.4apc.net/products/cfhoods_101001.jpg

Your thoughts Ideas would be appreciated.

pinoyesv6
09-06-2002, 07:12 AM
did u ask APC. they apparently made that hood. who knows i know they won't but its worth a shot. try contacting them and other companies that makes kits and stuff

Ghost Beat
09-06-2002, 08:05 AM
what rain thing?

VegasMatt
09-06-2002, 08:37 AM
I think he does'nt want rain getting into his engine bay. I don't see what the harm would be unless he has the flipbox intake mod. I believe Clay had a problem with it.

I have the EVO CF hood and it rained yesterday (yes it rained in Vegas yesterday) and I had no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact, its raining today and I went and got donuts and no problems.

What is exactly do you mean by the "rain thing"?

pinoyesv6
09-06-2002, 09:07 AM
hey laz u got nothing much to worry about. that big vent in the middle, thats closed off. and that vent on the side, well u won't have any problems with that since u got the injen short ram. you won't suck in water, and if u do just drops, and it'll evaporate b4 it gets to the throttle body. o yea laz, we're building a cai for chip with his intake. i'll tell u about it later. maybe we can do yours too

Lazarus
09-06-2002, 10:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey laz u got nothing much to worry about. that big vent in the middle, thats closed off. and that vent on the side, well u won't have any problems with that since u got the injen short ram. you won't suck in water, and if u do just drops, and it'll evaporate b4 it gets to the throttle body. o yea laz, we're building a cai for chip with his intake. i'll tell u about it later. maybe we can do yours too</div>

Thanks for the info I was really just conserned about my engine and other things in the Bay Rusting. As for the intake I UPSed mine to DRU I went with the CAI. Not to thrilled though I called INJEN to see if they were coming out with a Bypass valve. THe Tech told me that they "were in the process" of making something but it wouldn't be out until around next spring. It has been raining alot down here :roll: