PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Nitrious

Nosgalant
08-13-2003, 10:46 PM
I am ready to order a nitrious for my 8g, 2.4.. I just need a little help from you guys that already have it. I am wanting a Zex kit.

1. What part number do I need to order .

2. What all will I need (Fuel pressure regulator, etc.)

Khopari
08-13-2003, 11:35 PM
if you get it from Zex u gone need the universol kit
also.... u gone need bigger fuel pump bigger fuel injector..also dont run more than 65 shots.. or else you gone end up like Twizted and Shane.. NO ENGINE and frie pistons.........

leadfoot
08-14-2003, 05:20 AM
you also going to need more than that if you dont already have I/H/E those are the three things that help your car breath better.

Phase24
08-14-2003, 06:29 AM
You dont need a bigger fuel pump for nitrous
i had a nx kit and it comes with everything u need

Run a 50 shot wet

ChromeGalant
08-14-2003, 06:59 AM
nosgalant,

Did you get a rear bumper yet? Looks strange with just the sides and front..

HeadAche
08-14-2003, 10:18 AM
You dont need a bigger fuel pump for nitrous
i had a nx kit and it comes with everything u need

Run a 50 shot wet

haha your funny, everything you need. NO nitrous kit comes with everything you need, it comes with what you need for it to work, not everything you need to run it properly and maintain it.. The fuel pump will help with the fuel demands of the nitrous during spray, injectors control the fuel useage.. You will also need a purge kit and kill switch. the purge kit is to release any nitrous build up in the primary line, the kill switch is just incase you got a leak and need to shut off the bottle..

TWISTED II
08-14-2003, 11:21 AM
roger that Kho, haha.

i think if you wanna run a 50 shot, you could prolly get away with just the kit. it would help to have the other stuff, but you'de be pretty safe without it for a while with just a 50 shot. i would definatly have an intake though. then over a few weeks, upgrade all the other stuff.

Phase24
08-14-2003, 02:39 PM
i ran it for a yr and i had no problems