PDA

View Full Version : front end shake

JF
08-14-2003, 02:07 PM
would worn out sway bar links cause my car to shake SOMETIMES? it shakes a little bit all the time (when driving) but once in a while it will really worry me.............

J apmetal
08-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Does it shake, or vibrate ? I get serious vibration through the steering-wheel at certain speeds due to wearing tyres

Sway-bar links shouldnt cause vibrations as such, but they will cause your suspension to creak a bit [mine does sometimes, but not all the time, because some of the bushes are wearing out - another problem to be addressed soon] and will make your handling more soggy than usual.

JF
08-15-2003, 08:52 AM
oh its a shake.....
it always has a slight vibration (the cause of which i think is a dead spot on my tire from locking up my brakes) but this occasional shake feels like either one or both wheels are loose ...almost the same feeling as if they were off balance only a bit more violent.

J apmetal
08-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Maybe something IS loose ? I wouldnt expect worn bushes to cause the car to shake like that, but it's definately worth checking https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif