PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs and wires

antmoneygtz
08-14-2003, 02:57 PM
whats up guys... i just wanted your opinion on the best spark plugs and spark plug wires for a v6 gtz. im comin up on 30k and i gonna be doin the oil change, tranny, coolent, intake filter, spark plugs, and plug wires. so i wanted ur opinion on which is the best and the most power gain. any info will be awsome guys... thanx... oh... anything else i should be doin at 30 k... thanx... peace...

ryans99es2.4
08-14-2003, 03:03 PM
used bosch platinums on my Cutlass when I changed them at 60k and holy shit the performance was awesome. But havent changed the spark plugs on my G yet. I'll soon find out.

Xavier22
08-14-2003, 03:18 PM
NO BOSCH - - i think the best for our g's are ngk or denso iridium platinum for your v6 - -i forgot whixh one the dealer uses!!

pinoyesv6
08-14-2003, 08:06 PM
stock plugs are great. most people shouldn't find a need to get better plugs. as for wires, magnecor is the best there.

Fishboy55
08-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Yea King, you're on it bro. NGK are the best plugs for our car recommended by our resident Mitsu expert. Since you have a V6, the NGK platinums are recommended because changing the rear plugs is a biatch. Magnecor wires are the best, and finally they now come in red and blue. They're pricey, but you'll never need plug wires again.

If you're planning on replacing wires and plugs do them together so you only have to remove the plenum once. There's a great tutorial on here for how to do it.

Not for the faint of heart, or those people who wonder how to turn those lower headlights on... :laughing:

antmoneygtz
08-15-2003, 11:37 AM
what about denso spark plugs. whats the differences between denso's and ngk's. oh and how could i get to that turotial??

tonivegas82
08-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Ant. I recently changed my spark plugs to Bosch Platinum. Helluva difference in my opinion. Didn't know NGK was recommended, but I'll go with those next. Oh and check your pm. peace.