PDA

View Full Version : coilovers or springs?

opy1095
09-06-2002, 01:48 PM
Which do u prefer or recommend?

Tiller
09-07-2002, 12:14 AM
i've never owned a set of coilovers, but from what i understand, the ride with the CO's compared to a good spring shock setup is not even close...

unless you go with the high end stuff... JIC makes a kit that should fit the Galant, but you're looking at $2000 for it, and it has more adjustments than you'll ever need...

I'll stick with my springs... the only reward i see from CO's is the fact you can slam the car if you are in the mood, and raise it back up for normal driving... but you better have some 2x4's ready to drive up on when you want to get under it to raise it again... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

lx4life
09-07-2002, 06:35 AM
coilovers :thumbsup: cause you can adjust your ride height from stock to drop.

Lazarus
09-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Personally I think it depends on what you are going to do to the car. If you plan on leaving the exterior Stock then Springs all the way but if you plan on or if you already have a kit then Coilovers. I have springs on mine now and it was great when I put the on but when I got the Kit it sits to low and now I have to get coilovers before I put the newest kit on. the first one got damaged while driving. The Adjust ability plays a part in it also. I have a kit which lowers my front and springs which lowers it even more yet. When I went to a meet and I caught up with Mante who has ground control Coilovers on a factory front his ride still sits lower than mine. So they both have their advantages and disadvantages. What you have to do is think about where your car is going in the future.

Bad Galant
09-07-2002, 05:14 PM
I have Intrax lowering springs now and I liked them until my stocks shocks went out. I was going to get the JIC Coil Overs but at $2,000 bucks I was thinking about waiting for the Tein kit to come out. It probably wont be more than $1,300 bucks. I was told that the JIC kit would make my car ride better than stock. That's why I was going to get it. You never know though, I might still get it?

Ghost Beat
09-07-2002, 07:26 PM
thats what i say depends on what your doin to the car if you dont wana put a kit on then springs caus then your rides not that bad if you plan to do a body kit then id highly reccomend ground control coilovers thats what i have costs a bit more with the kyb agx shocks to go with them but i think its well worth it and im gona definately love them even more when the kit comes (if i ever find one i realy like)

Messiah
09-08-2002, 03:49 AM
I ordered the Progress kit for my car, I went with those because, I know I won't be messing with the ride height at all, so why fork out the extra money for something I'm probably never gonna use.

Then again, it's a matter of what YOU're gonna do do with them...

efiLnikcuFeciN
09-11-2002, 12:54 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif OBX Coilover cost less than u're progress spring that u ordered https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
it actually depends on what kind of coilover https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif but i believe obx is pretty good ( Thats what some ppl say ) mine is on the way, so i cant really tell u anything now.

jacuZZi
09-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Coil Over are adjustable, but when u adjust the height , you eventually will need allignment again for the car ( once you raised up or lower the car ) , and the installation should cost more for the Coil over radther than just springs. :wink:

madspeed
09-13-2002, 12:53 PM
I want to add some 17 or 18 inch rims and will probably need to lower the car a little bit. Where can I find some of the different springs available> I want smooth ride, justa lil drop...

jacuZZi
09-13-2002, 06:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madspeed)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want to add some 17 or 18 inch rims and will probably need to lower the car a little bit. Where can I find some of the different springs available> I want smooth ride, justa lil drop...</div>

There's some on ebay, or try optsauto.com :wink:

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 05:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madspeed)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want to add some 17 or 18 inch rims and will probably need to lower the car a little bit. Where can I find some of the different springs available> I want smooth ride, justa lil drop...</div>

you can always try a search on google. check out the member rides section to see how other people's car reacted to the drop of certain springs. uhm a seach on tgc might help u find pictures, review, and even possible places to purchase and/or install it