PDA

View Full Version : Question about Altezza tails...

Dmac1969
08-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone
Could someone tell me whether the Altezza tails you can buy in the US have : A-rear fog lamps built in and B-turn signals that flash amber? If they dont have these then I cant use them in the UK so I'd be wasting my cash ordering them!

Cheers

BXNYMitsu01
08-17-2003, 03:11 PM
No amber on Altezzas Taillights made in US

Dmac1969
08-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Damn! Thats that idea screwed then , coz id be stopped by the Polis every 5 mins for having red turn signals (and fail the annual MOT test) I guess its gonna have to be the newer spec euro tails for me then! Thanx for the info Rick!

BXNYMitsu01
08-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Damn! Thats that idea screwed then , coz id be stopped by the Polis every 5 mins for having red turn signals (and fail the annual MOT test) I guess its gonna have to be the newer spec euro tails for me then! Thanx for the info Rick!

Np.

extremsprt86
08-17-2003, 09:50 PM
are the tails you have the same as jdm? cuz rear fogs totally kick ass, imo they look sweet. do you have pix of ur tails?

Fishboy55
08-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Yea Duncan, you're toast as far as the US spec Alteezas. The wiring doesn't even have the option of hooking up a rear fog warning light, and the lenses themselves are red with no removable inserts so you couldn't even remove the red lens and use an amber bulb. They're definately made for the US DOT standards, Sorry, mate.

Cheers

Dmac1969
08-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanx for all ur replies guys! I dont have pix of my taillights (have took some pics of the car , but still on old fashioned film camera , and its not empty yet!!) but i think they will be the same as JDM 8G ones (the early ones with the rectangular reverse lights , not the newer spec ones with the kinda 'jewel effect' round reverse lights) They have a rear fog in each lens as well , which it seems the grey import VR4 Galants do not , as they all need a small fog lamp fitted into the bumper to pass the UK inspection. Keep an eye on the 'Members cars' section , as soon as I have pics I will post a load up and you all can wonder at my amber front indicators (not integrated in the headlamp lens , but a seperate light) and the many other differences you all can spot!!