PDA

View Full Version : Redoing The Armrest?

Black Magic
08-17-2003, 04:20 PM
has anyone changed the color of thier armrest? either by painting it or wrapping it in vinyl? if so post what you used and how it came out. even if you tried and it didnt work please post so i know what not to use.

TWISTED II
08-17-2003, 07:02 PM
i just used some vinyl, and some 3M adheasive. think i used a few staples just to be safe. i don't have any pics of the armrest...hmph, i looked, but in all the pics, its coverd by a door or something.

Dominicano
08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
i used vynil dye in black but its to shiny for me. it does look good though. its going strong right now with minor paint comming off due to the seat belt.

Black Magic
08-18-2003, 12:41 AM
i used vynil dye in black but its to shiny for me. it does look good though. its going strong right now with minor paint comming off due to the seat belt.

do you have any pics?

Lazarus
08-18-2003, 08:14 AM
I painted mine i didn't like it because it wouldn't dry and became sticky to the touch. must have used to much paint but i plan on fiberglassing it. or replacing it all together.

Fishboy55
08-18-2003, 08:23 AM
I painted mine i didn't like it because it wouldn't dry and became sticky to the touch. must have used to much paint but i plan on fiberglassing it. or replacing it all together.
Once you finish building your motor, you should replace it with Panic Handles :laughing: