PDA

View Full Version : Muffler question, what do you think??

Mgalant99
09-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have a 2.25" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust with magnaflow muffler. The performance gains were great but the sound wasn't so great. It wasn't that much deeper or louder. When I first start the car up the first minute or so of driving the muffler is very raspy and I don't want that. So I am getting a new muffler. What muffler do you guys recommend with my setup?? I was looking into the Apexi N1 what do you think?? Will it take care of the problem and sound a hell of a lot deeper and louder or will it sound bad?? Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated (and needed lol).

Thanks,

Dan

pinoyesv6
09-06-2002, 02:43 PM
clay has the n1' and yea he took all the resonators out. loud yes...but he said it sounded like a bumble bee to him. but im not sure. what kind of magnaflow do u have btw street or race series?

Mgalant99
09-06-2002, 09:50 PM
street series. I am just not too impressed with it. It sounded ok before without the cat-back exhaust but I thought by getting the cat-back exhaust it would get louder and deeper but it really hasn't. It is very raspy at the beginning. Hmm I don't know what to do or what to get.

99DE
09-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Did you get the stock resonators removed as well? That make a difference, find out if putting in a new glasspack resonator will help the sound instead of replacing the muffler.

mrjaydeeone
09-06-2002, 10:45 PM
I got the race series magnaflow and it sounds great

Tiller
09-06-2002, 11:18 PM
i suggest the Remus... this is defintely the exhaust for you...!

Real deep rumble... NO BUZZ...! do you have a 4 or a 6...? on the 6 it's tremendous... it's not over powering though... you are not going to be hearing it from a mile away, but i've been told, they heard me coming... and i don't even drive hard...!

They are a bit pricey, but well worth it...

and i STILL have the stock resonator in place if that tells you anything... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Dilemma
09-07-2002, 01:44 AM
i got a focuz muffler with a 2.25 piping. I love the sound i love the performance gain. GL

silvex
09-07-2002, 11:59 AM
got a question regarding these mufflers and exhaust systems...
is it possible to have a VERY LOW sounding muffler..? maybe like stock noise but a tiny bit louder?
i hate all those civics driving around with them noises but i still would like the performance gain of an exhaust system....

Lazarus
09-07-2002, 04:26 PM
the muffler I have was free (the best kind) on a 2.5" catback with no resignators, but I am not impressed with it at all (I got what I paid for) but i am going to take BGR up because be upr up a link on the Links forum on some Aerospeed mufflers and am probably go with that.

pinoyesv6
09-08-2002, 04:38 PM
got a question regarding these mufflers and exhaust systems...
is it possible to have a VERY LOW sounding muffler..? maybe like stock noise but a tiny bit louder?
i hate all those civics driving around with them noises but i still would like the performance gain of an exhaust system....

bosal prosport.

toc8g
09-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have a 2.25" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust with magnaflow muffler. The performance gains were great but the sound wasn't so great. It wasn't that much deeper or louder. When I first start the car up the first minute or so of driving the muffler is very raspy and I don't want that. So I am getting a new muffler. What muffler do you guys recommend with my setup?? I was looking into the Apexi N1 what do you think?? Will it take care of the problem and sound a hell of a lot deeper and louder or will it sound bad?? Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated (and needed lol).

Thanks,

Dan

I did the exact same thing as you with my 2000 ES I-4. I went thru a Magnaflow and it sounded just like that, ..a bunch of rocks jiggleing around. I went with this Tenzo Style No name muffler and it worked a hell of allot better then the Magnaflow. I finally went with my current and last Muffler I will ever buy AC Auto Technic Revolution Muffler. This muffler is bad ass!! I mean this muffler is nice deep and loud,...gawd its great!
Even the guy who installed it wasn't ready for the rev when he told me to rev it up after he installed the pipe and the muffler. It was bad ass. I dunno Everyone has their own opnions. I just know that I had my whole cat back piping replaced and and it took three mufflers to find the muffler right for me. If you wanna see it go to my homepage, click on my sig.

Tiller
09-08-2002, 11:05 PM
dude, get a remus, damn you... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

it'll be the last one you ever buy...